Wreckage

A/N: I wrote this when I was really down so it's a little sad but I really enjoyed writing it and I hope you will enjoy reading it, and don't worry... Happy endings all around. BTW, you can count this as a Seb Stan X reader story but I have a hard time writing X reader stories so I always give the reader's character a name. It's usually a bad ass name though so don't fret ;) Thank you lovelies :-*

I glanced at my phone in the passenger seat. His face lit up the screen again and I growled, trying to resist the urge to throw my phone out the window. I stared out the windshield as my right hand reached over to pick up my phone. I blindly smashed my finger against the green button and held the phone up to my ear.

"What?!" I spat into the receiver. Sebastian's timid voice crackled through the speaker.

"Where are you? Please come back."

I scoffed and began to say, "Sebastian, I can't do this r-" when I saw a bright light quickly approaching me on my left. I had accidentally run a red light while arguing with Sebastian. I gasped as I was slammed into by a semi-truck. I dropped my phone and everything went black.

***

Sebastian heard a gasp and then a loud crash and became frantic.

"Rowan? ROWAN?!"

He slammed his fists against the kitchen counter and reached for his keys. He ran out to his car, jamming the key into the ignition and speeding out of the driveway in the same direction as Rowan. All he could see were the flashing lights and the black spots in his vision. He left the car in park and stumbled towards the crooked semi-truck in the middle of the intersection. Paramedics and fire fighters swarmed the scene like bees.

As he stepped onto the scene he saw an overturned car, the hood smashed into the ground.

It was her car. It was Rowan's car.

He cried out, falling to his knees. Tears were already streaming down his cheeks as he called out for her.

"NO! ROWAN!"

Two paramedics rushed over to him but he waved them off.

"Find her! Please, find her!" They furrowed their eyebrows at him but backed off, returning to the wreckage. A fresh wave of tears rolled down Sebastian's face as he saw the first respondents pull Rowan's limp body from the car. He pushed himself off the ground and rushed towards the ambulance.

"You can't be back here, sir!" A paramedic said, putting her hand out to stop him from coming any closer.

"P-Please! I'm her boyfriend." He pleaded. The paramedic sighed and lowered her arm, letting him climb into the ambulance.

Sebastian scooted towards Rowan's head and gingerly brushed her hair off her forehead. Tears still ran down his face as he took deep breaths, trying to calm his racing heart.

When they arrived at the hospital he was forced to stay in the waiting room as Rowan was rushed to the OR. He paced for a half hour before finally coming to his senses. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts, tapping the picture of Rowan's mom.

***

Everything hurt.

Not knowing where I was I tried to pry my eyes open but was blinded by a white light. I clenched my eyes shut for what felt like ages before finally trying to open them again. I glanced at my surroundings. Everything was blurry but when my vision began to clear I tried to turn my head to look around. I immediately froze and brought my eyebrows together in confusion. I lifted a hand and brushed it against my neck, hitting something hard and plastic. There was some sort of neck brace that confined me to facing straight ahead. Using my eyes I looked around at what seemed to be a hospital room. Everything was blindingly white other than the navy blue leather jacket that was thrown over the back of a plush chair in the corner of the room. If this was a hospital then there should be a nurse's button somewh- Ah! There it is. I pressed the red button and relaxed back into the pillows. Less than a minute later a woman in cat themed scrubs walked into the room, clipboard in hand. She stopped at the side of my bed and looked at my vitals screen, recording information.