Chapter 11- Practice and Surprise Texts

Annie's POV

I open my eyes and I'm covered in white sheets. To the left of me is Katie, fast asleep. She must of came in here last night when she got home and slept next to me. But the weird thing is, I don't remember ever getting in the bed. How did I get here? I hear shuffling and look to the right, and Brennan is asleep on the floor, beginning to wake up. He must of put me in the bed because I fell asleep on him. I blush at the thought of that. I'm kinda embarrassed about last night, I always overreact about storms. I hope Brennan doesn't think I'm weird. He pops his head up and rubs his eyes. "Hey" he says to me, casually, as he runs his hands through his hair. "Hi," I say quietly. "So I'm guessing once you fell asleep you didn't wake up from the storms?" He asks me. "Nope, or I at least can't remember it if it did happen. I was really tired" I say. "Yeah, I hope you didn't mind that I put you in the bed. You looked kinda uncomfortable sprawled out on the floor," he says with a laugh. "It's fine" I say, smiling. "Breakfast time!" I hear Mrs. Jill yell. "Well, that's my cue" he says as he gets up and runs upstairs. I look at him until he's all the way up, then Katie opens her eyes. "Hey" she says and she hugs me. "Was last night okay? Did you guys get home safe?" I ask her. "Yeah, it was all good. I should be the one asking, though. I know you hate storms. Were you alright?" I stand up and begin brushing my hair. "Yeah, I mean, I was fine. I had Brennan and Ryan so," I say, trailing off. Katie snickers. "That couldn't be much help" she says. "It was actually alright," I say, looking in the mirror. "Well, that's not weird at all" Katie says sarcastically. I roll my eyes, jokingly. Katie and I walk upstairs to eat with the others. I sit down at the table and Katie sits next to me. "Here you go" Katie's dad says, handing us each a plate of bacon, eggs, and hash browns. "How are you girlies this morning?" Mrs. Jill asks. "Good" we both say. We continue to eat our breakfast until Katie I realize it's time for gym. We put our leotards on, grab our bags, and jump in the car. As I buckle up, I feel my phone vibrate. I look to see a text from a new number. It's my area code, though. 'Hey, it's Brennan' it reads. I smile down at my phone as I enter his contact name.

A- How did you get my #? 😁😂
B- kinda found it on Katie's phone. just kinda.
A- Alright...well hi.
B- hey
A- Hi.
B- 😶
A- 😂😂😂
A- I gtg now, at the gym. Ttyl.

The first texts are always awkward. I throw my phone into my gym bag and grab my things before walking inside the building. "Who were you texting on the way here?" She asks me. "No one," I say, hiding my blush. All through practice, I think about texting Brennan. When it's finally over, I go over to my bag and pick up my phone. I see a text from him and I feel giddy. He texted first! But my heart drops when I read what it says.

A/N: cliffhanger!! oooooo!! ((; I have a really good idea for once so I'll hopefully update tomorrow too. peace out Girl Scout.