Always

I decided to make a collection of one shots.  @OUAT_7 gave me the impulse for this one. I hope, you like it. I tried to write it as realistic as possible. 

Her heart was broken. Shattered into a million pieces.
Regina Mills had not left the bed since Robin's funeral. She had lost the one thing she never wanted to live without.

You are my future, his voice echoed through her mind.

Yes, but unfortunately you are my past, she thought and a blur of tears covered her eyes once again. She did not want to let him go. She was not ready to deal with his death. He was her soul mate, her second chance. How could fate be so cruel and take her happiness away from her? This time it was even worse than losing Daniel. When she had lost her first love, she had been a girl. Innocent and inexperienced. But now, she was a grown up woman, who knew a lot about life and its ups and downs.

What had happened in her office was just not a simple down in her personal data sheet. Not a little stage of her existence. It was her decay.

Her fingers crawled into the sheets, trying to get a hold on something as hot tears ran down her cheeks, soaking into the pillows. Her body was seized by shaking. Uncontrollable.

The door to her bedroom opened. With watery eyes, she saw a red mane of curly hair. Zelena.
Her sister had been very supportive during her darkest days. Never had she thought they would come this far. Never had she imagined that they would actually have a strong relationship someday.

"There you are" she said, sitting down at the edge of Regina's bed. "I made you some tea."

The former queen needed a while to recognize the steaming mug inside her slender fingers.

"Place it on the nightstand" she answered. Her voice cracked and she had to admit that she sounded awful. There was a throaty dark pitch in it.

Her sister did not protest. She just grabbed her hand and let her thumb stroke over her skin.

"It's obvious how I am" Regina continued speaking. "But how are you? You lost someone as well."

A sad smile appeared on her face. "As good as can be expected under the circumstances. I think I didn't know Hades good enough. It hurts but It's not comparable to your loss."

"I'm sorry, anyway. And I apologize for bothering you."

"You're not" Zelena refused. "You are my sister."

"Reasons enough" the black-haired woman smiled.

"There was a time I really wished you were dead" she agreed. "But now I'm glad I didn't get the chance to kill you."

They remained in their position in silence and after a while, Zelena needed to go to check on her daughter. Regina was fine with it, although that meant she was alone again. Alone with her thoughts and the huge hole in her heart that only Robin would be able to fill again. But he would not. He was gone.

It's going to end you, she remembered Hades' words. There was no underworld. No heaven and no hell. Her soul mate did not exist anymore. That was the hardest. To think that he deserved so much better. He deserved to find his peace. To be at a better place instead of disappearing.

Time passed slowly and the major of Storybrooke just wanted to sleep. To flee into dreams where she was happy. Where she was with Robin. But she did not find rest.

She sat up and drank a few sips of her tea. It took her hours to finally get out of bed.

---

Regina looked down at the gravestone. Read the letters which built the name of her thief.
"I miss you" she whispered and swallowed. The lump in her throat remained. "Why did you have to save me, you stupid idiot?"