Hirai Hirai

"When the seasons continue, as they spin around, please embrace our scattering ties" I remember that day I made you promise when we both felt our love for each other lessen. We linked pinkies and promised. 

"Miku-Chan!" A frantic voice jerks me out of my dream. "Wha?" I say as I'm engulfed by a ferocious hug from Rin-chan. "You were dreaming and I could sense you being dragged down. You were remembering him, weren't you." It was more of a statement then a question, but I still nod. "Sorry to keep you worried," I say, attempting a grin. Rin grins back, clearly reassured. "C'mon, the others are waiting!" She bounds out, leaving me to follow in her wake. While walking, I sink back into my depressed state of when I lost you.

When I first met you, the sky was a soft orange color that scattered into the night BAM! A searing pain ignites into my heart, I had forgotten that this moment was engraved into it. I gasp for air. My lungs have tightened. "Miku?" The shouting seems very far away. Black looms towards me and I sink down into it, grateful to continue my dream.

After we had promised, I felt you take a piece of my heart. I didn't mind. I was really happy. But I have one piece left. To the sky, to the sea, someplace far I will find you.  Over hills and valleys, rivers and dams, through life and death, the only thing helping me find my way is the color of the ties we made. 

I wake up to find myself in the hospital. I'm very confused. Then I see Rin and the others' faces looking anxious. It's Len who notices I'm awake. "Miku! Are you alright?" "I think so. What happened?" "You don't remember?" Meiko says. I shake my head. "You looked like you were in a lot of pain and fainted," Rin softly says. The doctor comes over, "You fainted and now have a mild concussion. This includes memory loss" He continues but I don't hear him, I'm already thinking of the memory.

My memory, of you will only be a moment scattered away. But now, with the memory loss, my memory of you is decaying. I will forget you. Maybe it's for the best. But my heart knows I still have to deliver that one piece. Till then, Flutter away, Flutter away.