Learning to Love Again (Niall Horan Fanfiction)

"You ready Kristen?" Gemma asked as she grabbed her purse

"Yeah I'm ready let me just go to the bathroom"

I grabbed my cross body bag and I took out some concealer I didn't want anyone to see my cuts so I put on some on my arm once I put some on it was pretty hard to tell I even had cuts. I took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror, I wasn't proud of what I saw I didn't find myself a bit pretty. Oh well. When I walked out of the bathroom Harry was talking to Gemma

"Hey Kristen what happened with you and Niall this morning?" Harry asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked cause  I didn't have a single clue about what he was talking about.

"He said that you quickly put your arms in your lap and looked away when he was talking to you he said you seemed a bit shy."

"Harry you know exactly why I put my hands in my lap, my cuts I didn't want him to see them, and I looked away because I'm just Hideous I'm sure he wouldn't want to see a face like this."

"Kristen please don't say that." Gemma insisted.

"Yeah Kristen I think you are beautiful" Harry agreed with Gemma

There was a knock at the door just as Harry finished his sentence.

"Harry we gotta go buddy!" Niall called from outside the door.

"We're coming" Harry answered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were at the party, I have to say the party was pretty awesome! Well I wasn't having much fun cause I was reading a book because I had a book report due next week so sucks for me.

"Reading?, come on have some fun."

I turned and saw that Niall was talking to me.

"Oh umm yeah I have a Book report due next week"

" What grade are you in?"

"Well I'm a senior I'm graduating this year,  one more a month"

"Sick! That's awesome."

"Well um how was tour?, Harry talk to me all about it on Skype" I asked because there was awkward silence.

"Oh man it was sick! the crowds were loud."

"Well you boys do have the best fans ever,Bet you never imagined performing at Madison Square Garden did you?"

"No, but I just couldn't believe we performed there, it was amazing."

"Well that's great!"

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

Those words, my heart dropped should I tell him what my mom told me? That I was just a mistake that I shouldn't have been born? I don't know what to do!

"Umm no I'm the only child" I think he noticed my changed face expression.

"Kristen are you okay did I say something bad or..?"

"No Niall your fine I'm sorry, I just, I don't know what happened to me for a moment."

"Are you sure do you need anything?"

"No thanks, I'm fine." I saw Harry walking toward Niall and I.

"Making friends I see aren't ya Kristen."

I just smiled and looked at the floor.

"Umm I'll be right back." Niall said I guess he wanted to leave us alone to talk.

"You like Niall?" Harry asked.

"Yeah he's cool you know."

'Yeah Niall he'll listen to you and care about you, he's just that type of person I think you guys can be friends, maybe even more than friends..."

"Harry! how many times do I have to tell you that I don't believe in love it isn't real. all the times a guy has told me he loves me He ends up cheating on me and using me."

"Kristen, Niall isn't like that babe he will listen to you!"

"Harry stop insisting nobody can make me change my thoughts about love!."

I tried to keep my tears back ,but I just couldn't I was remembering everything again I got up and ran outside the back door of the building,I ran past Niall I think he saw that something was wrong , because he quickly set his glass on the table and followed me outside.

"Hey Kristen wait, what's wrong, why are you crying?" He was so gentle he lightly picked my chin up with his finger tips.

As he touched my chin I turned away "Nothing I'm fine"

"No your not fine what's wrong?, I know we only met, but please trust me what's wrong?" Niall asked me again.

"Kristen I'm sorry I didn't mean to" Harry said as he came running towards Niall and I, he came and hugged me "I'm sorry" he said again.

"It's okay I'm sorry" I said to Harry.

"Harry, what's going on?" Niall asked confused.

"I...made her remember." Harry said not wanting to tell him.

Niall looked confused, but I could tell he didn't want to ask anything anymore cause he could see I was hurt.