Part 3

I didn't know Paul knew first aid this well! We found a bandage box and he certainly knew how to use it.

"Done," Paul said. "Do you feel better?"

"Of course, I do," I said. "Boy knows his first aid." He blushed.

"In elementary school, they made us learn this. I never thought I would ever need it. Up until now, of course," He said.

"But seriously, Paul, thanks," I said.

"No problem, Reign," Paul said. "And besides, I got to see your sexy lower back. Win-win, right?" We laughed.

"You, you perv!" I joked.

"Perv for perfect? Thank you, great compliment, you're perv too," Paul said. I laughed and nudged him.

"We have to get the jewelry and the money back," I said. "We need some kind of vehicle to move more swiftly." Paul looked inside a shoe shop.

"I think I know..."

***

"Roller skates?" I asked.

"Yes," Paul said. "There's probably a very high rate of slipping with these things, but I'm taking the risk."

"Guys!" Yana and the guys said. "Where were you, we couldn't find you!"

"Oh my gosh," Yana said and pointed to my bloody lower back. "What happened?"

"She got kicked in her lower back was almost choked and hanged to death," Paul said.

"Although I got to kick that masked man in his balls, which was more than worth it," I smiled.

"What are you doing with those roller skates?" Yana asked.

"We're going to go after the bad guy," Paul said. "You know, just like in the movies."

"Grab some yourself too," I said and they obeyed.

We roller skated in the direction in which the masked man had gone before. We found him stealing things from shops. That's low, even for him. He ran toward us, trying to hurt us again, but Paul pulled out the gun we saved if ever necessary.

"Where is the boy?" Paul asked, look who's Mr. Serious now. "Where is he?!"

"Okay, I lied..." The masked man said. "I locked him inside of a restroom."

"Give us the jewelry and the money," I demanded.

"Which jewel--"

"NOW," I said.

"Alright," he said and he gave us everything. "This is everything, can I go?"

"Oh, you're not going anywhere," Paul said. "Reveal yourself." He removed his mask. The reveal wasn't satisfactory, like in the movies. We didn't know the guy and he looked like he could be in his twenties. Oh well, old enough to go to jail.

"Yana," I said. "Call the police." Yana took out her phone and started calling.

***

Soon it was dark and the policemen came and took the kidnapper away. They found the lady's grandson and gave him back together with her belongings. She said she couldn't thank us enough. We went outside and suddenly the people that disappeared inside the mall reappeared right outside of it! A single ambulance came and the police were still investigating and asking us lots of questions. Some of them, we knew the answer to. Others, we didn't. The disappearing and reappearing of the people never got quite solved. All of us were outside. After I was checked by a nurse, Paul walked up to me and so I stood up and went closer to him.

"Well done, superhero!" I teased and nudged him.

"Nah, I think you were the hero today," he had answered.

"No, I've settled my case, and in conclusion, you are the hero!" I teased him again.

"Well, alright miss Sherlock," He teased me as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, mister Hiro Hamada," I teased back. "Wait! You do know that you are just like Hiro, right?"

We were both laughing very hard, ignoring all of the disturbing stuff that had happened in the last pair of hours. That's when I saw Keisha and Kayla again.

"Hey! Look at those two love birds!" Kayla pointed out.

"Yeah, aren't they adorable?" Keisha said with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Whatever, you guys," I said. "I don't even care anymore. You know, we might even be those two love birds you're talking about."

"Sure we are," Paul said and took me by the hand, away from Kayla and Keisha, which were giggling, knowing what was going to happen. Some meters away from them, but still in their sight, me and Paul stood face to face for a few seconds. "Let's teach 'em," he said.

"Teach them what?" I said.

"This," Paul said and his face came closer to mine, mine closer to his, finally our lips touched and we passionately kissed. It was the greatest thing I had ever felt. The feeling I had most been longing for in my life. The kiss seemed to last eternities, but it still was too short. Our lips separated. We smiled.

"Hey."

"Hi."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWAKE