Chapter 60

Ross' POV:

I was waiting for my siblings to arrive, it was still raining heavily and the cuts I got were starting to sting pretty badly but I didnt care, I just wanted my siblings to get here as soon as possible, save Laura, and go home!!:( I really wanna go back to the cabin for Laura but I know I'll probably break down if I saw how hurt she was:( If anything bad happens to her, I'd never forgive myself! I was silently cursing myself when I saw headlights appearing!! I frantically waved at them and they stopped the car immediately, Riker exited the car and gave me a huge hug, I couldnt take it so I broke down in my brother's arms and pointed in the direction of the cabin.. Riker, Ratliff, Rydel and Rocky ran into the woods.. Vanessa came up to me and said "If anything, and I mean ANYTHING, happens to my sister, I'll NEVER forgive you" "I'm sorry Vanessa, I never meant for any of this to happen.." But she already ran into the woods to catch up with the others so she didnt hear my apology... I felt really guilty because Vanessa told me to take good care of Laura.. She trusted me.. And I broke that trust:( I decided that this was not the time to loathe about my friendship with Vanessa so I ran into the woods to the cabin.

When I got there, I saw the guys lifting the rubble off while the girls tried to get Laura out of all the mess.. After a while, we finally saw an unconsious Laura, I lifted her up and ran straight to the car while calling to Laura, trying to get a response from her... In the car I was holding onto Laura's hand while Vanessa was staring/glaring at me.. I whispered stuff like "Dont worry Laura, you're gonna be okay" and "Stay with me, Laura, dont go" at one point she grabbed onto my hand tighter as if to acknowledge what I said:) After 3 and a half hours of driving and praying and crying, we finally got to the hospital..

Ross' POV:

I carried Laura bridal style and ran to the receptionist asking her for help, she was SHOCKED and she just stared at me like I was a monster!! She just stared!! That was when I really became a monster...

Ross: Dude! Dont just stand there! Can't you see that my girlfriend's dying???
I think I scared her pretty bad cause she had tears in her eyes then she dialled some number on the telephone then some nurses got a stretcher for Laura. I heard a doctor talking to Riker about some operation, I placed Laura gently onto the stretcher like she was extremely fragile, I didnt let go of her hand until they sent her in to the operation theatre.. Wait she has to go for a surgery??

Ross: Riker! Riker!!

Riker: What? What?

Ross: Why is Laura going for a surgery?

Riker: I’m sorry Ross but the doctor said that her heartbeat was really faint plus her ribcage was probably broken cause it looked really out of place. Their afraid that she's suffering from internal bleeding so they sent her for a surgery...

The phrase "her heartbeat was really faint" kept echoing in my head.... Now I'm really scared that Laura's gonna die..

Ross: Is she gonna...

Riker: *sigh* We're praying for her... Now lets get you a nurse, your face looks pretty... well you know:/

And so, I was brought to a nurse who helped me bandage my injuries.. But the whole time I was worried for Laura.. She can't just leave me like that.. She just.. cant..

When I went back to the waiting area, they were still waiting for Laura to come out of the operation theatre.. I sat next to Ratliff since there was an empty chair next to him.. Everyone was comforting each other silently, Rydel had her face in Ratliff's chest, crying her eyes out and Vanessa was holding Riker's hand while staring into blank space... I stared at the operation theatre light that was turned on signalling that the operation was still ongoing..

AN: How's the operation gonna turn out??:/