one - euryale

| Khione Avery Roúx |

"Oh I'm going to kill her." I grumbled, quickly riding on my skateboard as I made my way back home.

Unfortunately, my cousin Matrix pulled a prank on me, again. I pull pranks too, more than I should, but not all the time - unlike her.

She took my wallet at last minute, stole my bills from it, and put play money for exchange. Once I was on our porch, I stomped my way in.

"MATRIX! WHY IN-"

I stopped myself mid-sentence, embarrassed to realize that I wasn't alone. My dad was in the kitchen with some dude I haven't seen before.

"Uhm, hey." I awkwardly said.

"Khione, this is... Hermes."

"Hermes as in the messenger of the gods?" I joked, and the dude chuckled.

"You could say that," he grinned, and my dad just stared at him - which stopped him from laughing. "...I was just talking to your dad about something important." He coughed.

"Don't you have something else to do, Khione?" My dad asked, and I suddenly remembered why I came home all the way from the mall. I'm supposed to kill Matrix for the stupid prank.

"Yeah.. Kill Matrix." I mumbled as I walked up the stairs. "MATRIX PHOEBE ROÚX!" I yelled as I banged on her bedroom door.

Stupid little dork, the door's unlocked.

I stepped inside carefully, as she might've set up some traps here. "Where in Hades' is she?" I muttered, stepping over the pile of clothes on the floor.

I noticed a note taped on her open windows.

If it was in English, I wouldn't understand it at all, but fortunately, my dad and Matrix's mom taught us basic Greek and all that stuff. Don't ask us why  It's the only way we can read or write, the two of us are blessed to have dyslexia and ADHD, note the sarcasm.

Dear Khioné, congratulations! You successfully passed the first step. You shall now proceed to the second step. Meet me at the park, the tree/bench where we always hang out, a lot of adventures await you! Ps, I brought Jasey along with me ❤️

One of Matrix's lame games, again. She's already 11 years old, only a year younger than me but she acts like a 9 year old. And guess who gets the chance to go on an amazing adventure with her? Unfortunately, me.

I groaned, going back to my room and taking my backpack with me, you never know when you'll need it. I decided to take my skateboard with me, my only mode of transportation - well, besides my bike. As well as my pocket knife and pepper spray, my only protection.

I slipped through my window.

Mine and Matrix's room is connected to the balcony, which gives us access to the fire exit - where we sneak out. You see, no matter how young and childish the girl is, she sneaks out like there's no tomorrow, since she's not allowed to go out by herself yet.

"She's going to be dead alright. Dead." I grumbled as I ran down the fire exit. I live in an apartment in New York with my dad, my aunt, Matrix, and our dog, Jasey. I skated to a dog park near us, it's not really a dog park but a lot of people go there with there dogs so I guess it is.