My Brother's Keeper

Amani POV

My neighborhood aint the best neighborhood to start a family in. You got multiple crack heads constantly coming up to you asking for money. Got lil girls young enough to be ya little sister out here getting raped and selling drugs. Niggas out here beating on women like they aint got no type of home training. Me on the other hand just tryna get out the "hood", tryna make some with my life just like Zae taught me.

Xavier is my oldest brother, but I call em Zae for short. He showed me everything I need to know about life. I grew up with a crack head mama, and a abusive step-daddy. Shit ion even know who my real daddy is, my mama wun playing no games back in the day. If it wasn't for Zae I probably would be dead or in jail right now. That's why im so greatful to have him in my life, if anything was to happen to him ion really know what I would do with my life.

Sometimes I just wonder what life would be like without him, and the shit hurt. I mean you gotta thank cautious when ya brother is one of the biggest Kingpins in Chicago. I wish he would just get out the business ya heard, but he just tryna provide for me. He like my only family outchea, besides my bestfriends they like all I got.

*phone rings*

"hello" I said

"wessup sis, how you been?" Zae asked

" good, just living when you coming home zae?"

"you know im out hea tryna stack dis cash on the low, i'll be home when I get home. Don't worry sis ima be fine"

"you know im just making sure but I gotta go, im finna go get Marasia."

" ight love you sis"

" love you too nigga" I giggled.

I pulled out my phone and texted Marasia and told her I was on the way to get her ass. Marasia one of my main bitches, we basically grew up from the same shit. My bitch real pretty, got long curly hair, smooth brown skin, hazel eyes, small waist, and thick in all the right places. I can admit, my bitch was a baddie.

*5 mins later*

"hey girl, you been ducked off on me haven't you"? she said as she was getting in the car.

"nah , just been a little worried about Zae" I said

"you kno he gon' be str8, he do this shit for a living."

"this why I love yo ass, you keep it 100 wit me" I chuckled.

"you know how I do, thuglife" she said

We both looked at each other and busted out laughin

"where we going, you looking mighty good" she said biting her lip

"bitch don't play" I laughed  "but to the mall"

"ight time to find Mani some love" she said

"girl you know ion got time for niggas, they all tha same. Just tryna fuck and duck, you know ima virgin" I said

 "we'll see boo"

30 minutes later we pull up to the mall. We headed to the food court to get some to eat, cause I can tell Marasia was hungry.

"um I would like two 10 piece hot" I told the Cashier

"do you want extra sauce for 2 dolla extra" she said in her Chinese accent

 "no thanks"

"okay well your total is $15.50"

As I was handin her the money, some deep voice nigga came up behind me.

"I got it" he said pulling out a 20 and handing it to the cashier.

I don't really like niggas paying for me but he just insisted.

"um why thanks" I said shyly

"no problem, but whats your name?" he asked

"Amani, but you can call me Mani for short" I said smiling

"Amani? hmm I like that" he said smiling showing all his perfect teeth

"thanks" I blushed. "Whats yours"?

"Marquise" he said

"MANIII bitch where you at" I heard Marasia yell.

"sorry I gotta go" I told Marquise

"wait..." He said

Before I let him finished I dashed off to find Marasia. Damn he was real fine. Puerto Rican and black. He had pretty long hair, perfect teeth, that earring made him just pop out, and last but not least he was tatted. Yes lord tatted like no tomorrow. Hopefully I get to see him again.

Marquise POV

"aye bro, I just met this real pretty girl named Amani" I told my nigga

"you get her number" he asked

"nah man, she dashed off too fast to find her friend." I said

"damn bruh, but whats that receipt for?

" I had bought her food" I said

"wait nigga theres a number on there"

I flipped the receipt over and it read "Amani <3 312-454-7896" I Smiled and said "looks like I do have her number after all"