intro

y o u n g r i n ;

may 19 12:21 pm
garosugil, seoul

youngrin crosses her arms and sighs impatiently, feeling very annoyed. there is no particular reason why she has to do this instead of finishing up the last chapter of her new favourite mystery fiction. none. no reason at all.

there isn't any valid reason why she has to stay under the hot sun waiting for jungkook, sweating. don't get it wrong: she likes jungkook, but she hates the heat.

joohyun is very busy with her phone, probably texting with jimin. youngrin doesn't know whether he knows what's going to happen to his girlfriend, however youngrin is very positive about it.

joohyun never likes jungkook the way he feels about her, however she is about to confess to him.

there is no reason for youngrin to watch her sister fool around jungkook in front of her very own eyes, is there?

"where's jeon jungkook?" joohyun nonchalantly raises her eyebrows, still scrolling on her phone. youngrin supresses a scoff. "ask him yourself."

joohyun momentarily put down her phone, the smile on her face disappears in a second. her eyes are cold, bearing on her twin. "oops, are you jealous? since i am going to tell him that i like him."

"i am telling you to ask him yourself," says youngrin, loosing her temper little by little.

the elder of the twins laughs. "youngrin, don't be silly. do you think i don't know what you have been hiding all along?"

"i have nothing to hide."

"the fact that you like jungkook. but he will be mine soon," joohyun snickers, seeing youngrin's scowl. "call him to hurry."

deeply upset because of joohyun's behaviour, youngrin fetches her phone and scrolls down the contact list. the twins are never close since she remembered, maybe they were closer when they were around five or six, but joohyun has always been the first priority in their family.

youngrin shudders involuntarily as her mother's rude words ring in her head. those words that forever left a scar in her. she tosses away the haunting thoughts and takes a deep breath.

suddenly she feels sorry for herself, sorry for jimin and also jungkook, for she knows that they have always been joohyun's pieces on her chessboard.

may 19 12:32 pm

kwonrin:
where r u?

shitgull:
who dis?

kwonrin:
jeon jungkook u kiddin me? u r alrdy late for 30 mins

shitgull:
i'm jeongguk but excuse me, who are you?

kwonrin:
u shithead i'm kwon youngrin

kwonrin:
omg kwon joohyun is mad at
me rn now jeon where tf r u?

youngrin scowls. jungkook has already read the message but there isn't any reply from him. she continues spamming him, and every one is delivered and read.

shortly, a phone call cuts in and she immediately picks up. "taehyung? perhaps are you with jungkook?"

she can only hear muffled noises in the background and taehyung's pants, making her worried. "hey."

youngrin freezes as the deep voice rings. "youngrin listen. jungkook is in the er."

"what..." she mutters in shock and only nods to taehyung's instructions. without telling joohyun anything, she rushes into a taxi, hoping to meet her best friend in the hospital. as tears of anxiety rolls down, she once again checks her phone.

shitgull:
no no no you can't be serious.
yeongrin is already dead.

/

this contains slangs and profanities that may cause discomfort. this also contains web abbreviations and texting.

encounter is a work of fiction. any similarities are purely unintentional.

lowercase intended.

© twerknim 2016

/

t h e m e s o n g ;
across the universe - baek yerin

/

p r e v i e w ;
chapter one

p r e v i e w ;chapter one