11

It doesn't take long for them to walk to the party as it was being thrown in the home of some rich teenage neighbor of Phil's. As soon as he steps inside he feels a bit claustrophobic, but he calms himself enough by keeping Dan in his line of sight.

Dan looks around the room of the house they were in. Bright lights, loud music, although he knew Phil wouldn't hear the music. He gently grips Phil's wrist, pulling him through the large crowd of dancing teens.

Phil's pulled out of his train of thought by a tugging on his wrist. He follows after Dan, pushing his way through the teens who were practically having sex with each other on the dance floor.

Dan scanned the crowd for who he was looking for. Once he spotted them, he pulled Phil through the crowd more, reaching their friends from school.

Phil chats happily with Louise in sign language, telling her how he was getting ear surgery for Dan. He occasionally glances at said boy, alarmed when he disappears from sight between looks.

Dan had stayed for a few seconds, watching the conversation between Louise and Phil, wondering what it meant. He then turned to a few of the others, which led him off to play a game.

A drinking game.

He knew he shouldn't and should stay with Phil, but his friends coerced him into it somehow.

Phil begins to search for Dan, scared. He had only come to this party because he had thought Dan would stick close to him, as silly as that sounded. It was terrifying to be alone and confused in a room jam-packed with people high, drunk, and sweaty.

Honestly, he really would rather be with Phil. He promised him he'd keep him safe and make sure he had fun. He couldn't do that if he wasn't near him. But he soon forgot about that, as sad as it sounded.

By the end of the game, he was slightly tipsy.

When he finally finds who he was looking for, some freshman gets shoved into Dan. The kid was only a couple inches shorter than Phil, with black hair and green eyes. He steadies the boy and watches him scurry off. Phil turns to Dan and opens his mouth to talk, unsure of how loud he needed to be to be heard over the music.

Dan had turned around after the freshman had scurried off, but being tipsy, he didn't know that he had run off.

He wouldn't have done this if he wasn't tipsy, but he mistook Phil for the freshman that was shoved into him, and sort of gave Phil a drunken punch, but it did have quite some force to it.

He had no idea what he had just done.

Phil stumbles back, vaguely feeling hands catching him before he could fall. A hand goes up to his face, wincing when it hurts to even brush against it. Tears flood his eyes and he quickly disappears into the crowd, leaving the party immediately after telling Louise what had happened.

Louise couldn't believe what she had just heard. Well, saw in sign language. She decided to be nice and drop him off at home if he wanted, but was unsure if she would return to the party. Dan honestly had no clue what he had just done, his mind foggy. He wouldn't remember this the next day.

A/N: Yikes. We hope you like it, though!