Prologue

I was never into having relationships. Yes I dreamt of having one, I dreamt of having one like the books. I loved the idea of being in a relationship, but having a real one in the real world always frightened me. Being in love was always described as a magnificent feeling. You get those fluttering feelings in your stomach when you see the person you love, sometimes sleeping is even an issue because reality is better than your dreams. But despite of all those glorious descriptions of love, I've always been afraid of loving because I'm deeply terrified of heartbreak. I've seen enough friends, and friends of friends crying their heart out because of heartbreak. And ever since, I was afraid to give my heart to a person, knowing that it will only destroy me in the end. 

I was the kind of girl who rarely liked someone, but when I do, I'd give them my all. And the thought of giving my all, scared me. Because then that someone will have the utmost ability to break my heart.

"Uy Georgie, crush ka raw ni Mark!"

"Ayieee! Georgie!'

"Ano shipname nila? MarGie?"

"MarGie! Ang cute yieee!"

"Mark ang landi mo!"

I rolled my eyes at my classmates, not showing them that I'm affected. I was used to hearing my disgusting classmates tease each other about their lovelife. Once somebody likes somebody, it could never be kept a secret. That's why I don't trust any of them-- that is except for my best friend, Lauren Gustafson.

My eyes diverted to my best friend's seat, only to see that Mark Scott switched seats with her at the moment because he was talking to his best friend. I looked at Mark only finding out that he was looking at me too. That exact moment, I felt sick. I felt something in my stomach, something fluttering. I was horrified. Because at that moment, I knew who was the someone that will be the cause of my greatest downfall.

It was someone like him.