Riddles Of Entwined Nightmares And Daydreams

(Prologue)

There she watched, helpless from the streaks of flame eating away their house to dust.

Her head was pressed into her father's chest, feeling the rhythm of his heartbeat. Her ears yearned to no longer hear the sound of raging bullets and her father gripped her body tight next to him, his eyes squeezed shut. The fear of losing something dear and precious had arisen. There backs' rested among a cemented wall, behind it were hundreds of people running. The whole neighborhood was melting into ashes and tears.

It did stop. There was still a hint of the nauseating smell of gunfire and the silenced wind brushed the crumbling ruins of the village. There was relief that she and her father was still alive, breathing but the people around them had gave them looks of anger.

And then came the worse unending treatment of cruelty.

The attack from the war may have ended, but it entitled the Kazama family as an animosity to almost everyone, especially to the youth in the school of Asuka Kazama, the once respected dojo teacher of their village.

Whether it was the sickening pranks or yells, they'd do everything to bring out hatred to the Kazama family. Asuka could withstand it, her father couldn't for his daughter. While his volunteered management to help the small area on the village had help slowly fix their reputation, atleast for her father. It had turned for worse when Asuka got admitted to the hospital, and ended up in coma for several days. When she had woken up, her father's eyes were bloodshot and puffed up from crying.

A few days later, she'd spot him writing a letter. A letter to someone whom is the reason for all this, Jin Kazama. It wasn't a letter for vengeance. It was letter of help, her father had begged Jin Kazama to offer Asuka a life away from the slums of Osaka and its people.

Asuka snapped angrily at her father for thinking such an idea but in just a matter of weeks, Asuka found herself standing at a bus stop with a luggage in her hand, and a limousine with several trucks marked with a logo of the Mishima Zaibatsu came along, doing the favor of her father.

Jin Kazama, upon receiving the letter did not hesitate to answer back. While it wasn't mostly the case of sympathy, it was to fulfill his mother's debt to Asuka's father. Sometime, His mother had became absent from his childhood and Asuka's father had kept him in care. That led him to meet Asuka but their first meeting together had left both of them exchanging bad impressions. Asuka's rash personality is to blame. So far, that's what Jin had remembered, and soon they'll be meeting once again. But this time, he'd be the one to blame for her behavior.

(Past)

The dark shades dripped underneath the roof of the traditional Japanese home. The visitor, Jun had settled her son, Jin to live in the house while she went on her journey.

"Be a good boy Jin, I will come back soon." Jun swift her hands across Jin's bangs and kissed his forehead, the boy hugged her back.

"Be safe in your journey Jun, I wish the best of luck." Asuka's father nodded at Jun, and she nodded back. She then sets her eyes on the girl tightly gripped on her father's cloth. Asuka was peeking her head behind, her eyes widened when she had caught Jun staring at her. Jun lets go of Jin and smiled at her.

"Asuka stop that." Asuka's father said, gently removing her hands from him. Jun caresses Jin's head.

"I can see a very special bond between you two." Jun said, looking at Asuka.

"They'll get along well, apparently Asuka isn't this shy, she's a loudmouthed kid." Asuka's father laughed, Asuka gave an irritated glance to her father.