Chapter Two: cigarettes and lilacs.

"The next day, a gloomy sky cried soft tears as I scurried into school. I strutted down the busy hall, a fulfilling feeling of confidence within me.

I swiftly tossed my hair upon seeing peter, but he quickly yanked me into a fresh-smelling janitor's closet.

'The hell are you doing?!' I exclaimed as he pinned me to the nearest wall, flattening his tone body against my own.

'Ditch third period, meet me in the Library. I need to talk to you.' He begged, desperately.

I quickly nodded, feeling somewhat turned on by our awkward position.

'So it's a date?'

'Erm, yeah, uh, um, sure.' I rambled as he pushed himself off of me and began to walk away.

I shook my head, feeling flustered, and trudged on to my classes.

When the clock struck, the bell rang, and third period rolled around, I snuck in through the back of the school library. I weaved my way through the maze of wood shelves, until I reached the dead last shelf full of dusty books- the place where I would most likely find Peter. Suddenly, he came up behind me and squeezed my sides, causing me to squeal.

'What do you wanna talk to me about?'

'Rum. It's expensive.' He teased, tossing me a silver flask.

I opened it curiously, and took a small sip. Rum and......lemonade? I puckered due to the bitterness, recovering from the strong taste.

'But seriously. What is it?'

'Well, I like you. And I think we should go out on a date, maybe?' He bit his lip, staring at me.

'Oh, sure. If you wanna.' I stated calmly, despite the fact I wanted to jump for joy.

'Okay, how about I pick you up at 7? We could go out, and get some dinner- on me. So how 'bout it?'

'I'd love to.' I replied, smiling.

Mere seconds later, he pulled out a cigarette an some matches.

'Hey! Don't smoke in here. You wanna get tossed outta school?' I snatched them from his rough hands.

'Quite frankly, yes.' He took them back, and lit one. He blew fog-like smoke towards me, smirking again.

'Want a drag?' He offered the long, dimly lit object to me.

'Nah, can't sing like a canary with smoker's lungs. And I'd rather not taste like an ash tray.' I stated blankly.

'Well, little miss goody goody, you don't know what an ash tray tastes like. But do ya wanna find out?' He flirted, and my cheeks flushed a shade of crimson.

'Oh my god! Sorry, gotta run.' I giggled upon exiting.

I ran into the ladies room to stay in for the rest of third period, and to check how I looked.

'Fancy seeing you here.' I heard his familiar voice echo behind me as I fixed my hair.

'Peter! You can't be in here!' I screeched, smacking him.

'I don't like it in here either, always blood in the toilets. But smells like lilacs, aye?'

'As of when when did lilacs smell like shit, period blood, and cheap perfume?'

'Today.'

Oh, brother.

'Get outta here!' I shoved him towards the door.

'Alright, alright. But why do you guys get candy dispensers?' He joked, pointing at the quarter-for-a-tampon machine.

'GET OUT!'

'Well excuuuuussssseeeee me, princess.'

'IF YOU DON'T GET THE FUCK OUT IN THE NEXT TWO SECONDS, MY FOOT WILL BE PLACED FIRMLY UP YOUR ASS!' I threatened, furious.

'Ladies don't swear.'

'Wanna call off that date?'

'WOAH, I'M OUT! I'M OUT!' He exclaimed, and scrambled out that door like a bat outta hell."

I chuckled to myself, admiring my charm.

I was really excited for our date that night, even though I figured we would go out once, and never speak again.

But boy was I wrong.