Murderers Melody

This is dedicated to @rippedgloves, who is a fantabulous person and writer. Thank you so much for all that you do for me.
"I'm back, honey!" He yells through the house, slamming the door behind him so the neighbours don't hear what's really happening behind the door. "Come into the living room, I'm just finishing with the laundry." I lie through my teeth as he sets his shoes down onto the mat next to the front door. The knife, pressed into my thigh, whispers to me, a strange melody that can only mean one thing. "Kill him." It says. "Stop the torment. Stop the pain." I will end this. I think back to it. The pain has been happening for too long. The belt hanging behind the door looks normal to most, but it looks as horrifying as the devil himself to me. The belt, the main role in his demonic circus of seeing how much pain he can inflict on me before I can break. The agonizing tears that shudder through my body as he brings the pain onto my back. He never lets me go see a doctor, or even get my teeth cleaned. He worries I will tell them. He worries I will spill his secrets, his abuse. But I tell him I won't. I tell him I love him. Well, he's about to find out the truth behind my plans. He's about to see just how much pain and agony I can inflict. This is my revenge. This is the uprising. He walks into the room as I reach for the remote. "How was work today?" I say through gritted teeth. The same run through before he picks up the bottle. To think I used to love this man! I laugh to myself, and stroke the knife as he gets closer. He turns around. This is the moment. This is the revolution.
---
---
Thank you so much for reading my story! Please leave a comment and tell me how I can improve my writing or how much you enjoyed the short.
Thanks again,
Kat