Forever and Ever {SHORT STORY}

-Phone rings-

"Hello?"

"Hey honey, how are you?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"I feel better after hearing your voice every time."

"Aw. Don't flatter me with such words now." I laughed from which he said. It's true i feel better talking to him.

"Hey honey there's something i have to tell you."

"What is it?"

"That i really, loved you so much. Do you also love me?"

"Of course, i love you. Why did you ask something like that?"

"Nothing in particular, hey honey i'm gonna go somewhere far away from now on."

"Really? when will you be back?"

"..." The guy was quiet for a second then he said to her "i don't know if i'll still be back."

The girl was confused from what the guy just said do her. She was somehow confused because she really loved him.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere... Near the clouds."

"Near the clouds?, what, are you gotta fly somewhere?" The girl joked to let the atmosphere changed.

"Haha, well somewhat like that."

The girl was left in silence again in which she was so confused from what her lover just told her.

"Hey sweetie, i have to go. I'm gotta be late if i stayed here longer."

"... Sure okay, hey honey?"

What is it sweetie?"

"I LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER."

"I love you too. Well have to go. Call you later. Bye!"

-END CALL-

The last message that the girl receive was also the last time she can hear his voice.

-PHONE RINGS-

Hm? What's this? Auntie's calling me in such an hour? "Hello?"

Tearing voice, hello? "Is this Van?"

"Auntie? Yes this is Van speaking, did something happened?"

Much more tearing voice, "Van, Josh, he's at the hospital. And there's the possibility that he'll be GONE "

From what i heard upon auntie had just told me. That Josh is gonna be GONE. i was confused then i remembered the last call i received from Josh. That he'll be going somewhere far away. Just as I realized. I began to cry softly at the phone not knowing a single clue about him. Then auntie told me.

"Hello Van? Are you there?"

I can't talk to her because i'm all broken inside and out, my phone was lying there at the ground next beside me as i tried to stay my composition. It's like my heart was crushed within it.then auntie told me the about Josh.

" Van, Josh had a leukemia for the past 7 years. He told us to not tell you a word that he's at worst. He has been living at the hospital for the last 6 months, then he told us that he want to go home and spend his remaining life there. It's not so long that the doctor told us that he has only month's or days to be alive. That's why he want to at least go to his house and rest there. We didn't hear his last message though. The last message was sent to you in which just a second before he've gone to the hospital cause he had another attack..... Van, are you still there? Van darling?"