Chapter 1

I woke up in my bed - except it wasn't mine. It was the Deodate's. I hated the Deodate. It belonged to scientists. The same scientists that have caused war between us and the Fractal Society (FS).

I understand they had to do it though. The Earth was running out of resources such as gasoline and useful animals such as cows and chickens. Us greedy humans used too much of our resources so the Deodate Scientists (DS) had to take over control of the world. They were the ones who decided to name Earth Deodate.

Deodate meant "gift from God". While the scientists meant it to refer how God let this happen, the rest of us knew that wasn't true. It was our fault. It was our fault that the population was dying down because of hunger and poverty.

To solve this, the DS have taken the time to experiment with a portal they had created, in hopes for a new, unused world for us to live on. Instead, they had found the FS, and it was full of people.

All the scientists had to do was activate the portal to get the Fractal world. When they did, they discovered more technology than they could imagine. At first, they had thought they had found a way to travel into the future, but after more examination, they were finally able to pinpoint exactly where the planet was located on one of their maps.

At some point, they eventually got the FS to help us out with our world. The FS signed a contract saying that they would supply us with whatever we wished, as long as we didn't take too much, and we let them explore our world in search of things they didn't have.

And now, we, the Deodate, are the cause for their poverty and hunger.

As I wake up each morning, I can't help but think about how the DS have ruined so many people's lives. Nobody will stop them though, because the DS have sent the illusion that the FS aren't real people like us. They claim that they are not needed when it comes to our needs.

It was my turn to expose the DS for their terrible crimes.