Chapter 1

Nothing's going according to plan. Being fit. Having a boyfriend. Picture perfect life. It all seems so easy, I made a Pinterest board dedicated to it, but it still didn't help. Being fit can wait until summer, but having a boyfriend just seems so nice. Someone to lift you up when your sad! And surprise you with cute notes in your locker. Guys think I'm cute. But not cute enough to go out with, I mean I'm skinny, but not skinny enough! The summer before high school was going to change all that. But it didn't, and now I'm in the summer of my tenth grade year. Without a guy.

"Hey Cupid! Can you talk? I know it's '2 in the AM', but guess what David texted me? Call me back please!"
The light from my phone was too bright for my eyes. And I had just gone to bed. Watching 'Young and Hungry' all night was a dumb idea, especially when you just got your best friend girl and guy friend together. Their flirting was disgusting.
"Hey Andrea." I sighed aloud, "you do not know how bad of an idea it was that I set you guys up. Will he ever stop texting you?"
"Hey Chloe! No it's cute! I like it. Guess what he said? He said - 'I love you, and chicken nuggets!"
I am beyond annoyed right now. This- this was such a dumb idea. "Ok no Andy. Did you seriously freaking call me at 2:37 IN THE MORNING so you could tell me how much he loves chicken nuggets?? I know I set you guys up but this is sickening. Stop telling me all the Gruesome details. I'm happy for you but this is too much for me" ... I hung up on her. I know it was a jerky move, but I liked David. I'm not stupid though. I realized he liked Andrea and I knew she liked him, so I wasn't going to just leave it at that. Sometimes I think I'm too good of a friend. But then I do things like hang up on them, and realize I'm not. I did kinda kick Jayden out of my friend circle about a week ago. I don't know why, but for some reason I can't stand her. She's always right there, no matter where you go, pressed up against you. And it's suffocating! I needed more space to myself so I just kind of ignored her. I felt bad, but what else can I do?! I've tried everything. I told my other friends how I feel, but they all just said how good of a friend she is. But I can't. I can't keep being friends with her.
She liked David too. But I never tried getting her a boyfriend. All of my other friends yes, but not her. David is the only guy that actually would talk to me without thinking I liked him. His only fault was - riinnnngggg riinnnnnggg my phone started ringing again. This time from an unknown number...
"Hello?"
...