Chapter 8

Nobody's POV.

Stoick burst into the throne room and froze at what came next. Right in front of him, Snotlout was dancing with Ruffnut and everyone else was trying to copy them. Hiccup turned around to see his dad standing there, eyes wide and frowning. When he saw his dad tried to stop Fishlegs, who was spinning in circles, but only managed to knock him onto the floor.

"Hey! Hiccup, what was that..." Fishlegs started to sit up, but when he saw Stoick, he froze. "...for." Everyone turned around to see why Fishlegs was on the floor and went quiet when they saw Stoick.

Hiccup was the first one to break the silence. "Hi, dad. What, what are you doing here?" Hiccup laughed nervously, and Stoick didn't budge. He just stood there, frozen, staring at them with a frown.

Snotlout added onto Hiccup. "Hi, Stoick. I swear it's not what it looks like. We...were just...Fishlegs, why don't you tell Stoick what we were doing!"

"We...were...uh..." Fishlegs stuttered, not able to come up with an excuse. "We were just...creating some new hand to hand combat moves. You know, you can never be prepared. If you ever want to win a fight you got to come up with moves they would never expect. Like... Tuffnut! You should show Stoick some of the hand to hand combat moves we were making."

"Hand to hand what? Wait you mean like this?" Tuffnut punched Ruffnut in the face, knocking her to the ground.

"No, I mean the moves we were just working on. You know, the hand to hand combat moves." Fishlegs said while trying to use hand signals to help him understand. A look of realization passed Tuffnut's face.

"You mean the dance moves!" He started doing twirls in the air. Fishlegs put his hands in his dead and Hiccup sighed.

"Look, dad. We were just..." Hiccup started but was interrupted by laughter. Hiccup looked around to see who is was when he realized it was his...dad! Stoick had his hands on his stomach and was laughing like crazy.

"You...you're trying to learn how to dance?!!" Stoick exclaimed, trying to catch his breathe. "Did Snotlout teach you?" Fishlegs nodded. "Oh, this is too good!" With a small smile, he went back towards the throne room doors. "Go ahead, carry on with your dance lessons. I won't stop you." Stoick started laughing again as he walked out of the room and shut the door.

"That was embarrassing." Ruffnuts said, unsure of what to do.

"Ya think?" Asked Snotlout sarcastically. "Now back to work! You guys still need a lot of practice. Now if you excuse me I have some pampering...I mean manly stuff to do."

Avol's POV.

It was getting close to being sunset. I started packing weapons and sticking them in my belt buckle and boots when Stormfly and a few other dragons walked over.

Stormfly looked me up and down. "Avol?! What are you wearing? Aren't you going to the ball?"

"Yes," I replied.

"Then why aren't you wearing a dress?" she asked, looking me up and down. I looked at Stormfly like she had completely lost her mind.

"Me wear a dress? You do know you're talking about me, right? I-- don't-- wear-- dresses." I made sure to emphasize the last sentence. "Stormfly, how could you even suggest such a thing? I'm a warrior, not some prissy princess."

Stormfly sighed in annoyance. "I know that, but aren't you going to dance? If you want to sneak into a ball, you have to blend in."

"I'm not planning on going in through the ballroom if that's what you're suggesting. My plan is to have you fly me to the window and I'll sneak in the room and grab it, then we can leave."