Road Trip

*Katelyn's POV*

I had my bags packed for days. I know this trip is going to be long, but I'm anxious for it to be here already. My family is on vacation somewhere in Europe and they were so kind enough to forget me. So my sister set up something with one of my favourite bands. She hasn't told me which one, but I'm hoping it's Motionless In White.

I recently got some lyrics to one of their songs tattooed on my right inner forearm. It reminds me that I'm beautiful. Singing is my passion, it's my talent and my soul. Raven knows how dedicated I am to music. I even taught myself how to play the piano. So I know that she set up something for me to perform on Warped Tour, since it's the beginning of summer.

She's suppose to be coming to my house to get me next week with the band she chose, but I always need to be prepared and have my bags packed and ready to go. She's surprised me several times whenever we go on trips.

My room looks like tumblr swallowed it up and spit it out. Christmas lights danced all over my walls, posters of my favourite bands, art that my friends and myself have created, my favourite animal, turtles, all over my room. It was a sight to see. My laptop was playing one of my playlists called Relaxing. I put it on to calm me down from my anxiousness and nervousness.

My most favourite song came on and I couldn't sit there and not sing to it. The song is called City Lights. The lyrics I love I was about to sing. "There's so much beauty when your eyes lay lost in all the city lights..."
Chris' voice sounded angelic. I made sure to harmonize with it. I can imagine him singing it to me in person.

I had finished the song and laid back on my bed with my eyes closed. I said outloud, "Why is his voice so perfect? Why is he so perfect? Fuck I love him and his sexy voice. I wish I could meet him again." I opened my eyes and I mentally freaked out. I must be seeing things. I see Chris Motionless in my bedroom, upside down. I sat up, completely embarrassed. I closed my eyes again and said, "Please tell me I'm not imagining Chris Motionless in my bedroom right now."
He said, "Nope. I'm alive and standing right here."
I got up and looked awkwardly at me and said, "You didn't hear me sing your song just now, did you?
Chris said "Yeah I did. Your singing is beautiful, just like you."
I looked at him, then said, "Really? Oh gosh, well I think I should get my bags. It's getting late."

I got up and grabbed my bags near the bed. Chris said, "Here, let me get those for you. Head down to the bus."
I walk outside and practically ran to the bus. I got up the first few steps and turned to my left and saw Raven. I abandoned anything that I was carrying and lept onto her with my legs wrapped around her screaming and crying. I haven't seen her in almost a year. She tours with all sorts of bands so it was amazing that I finally got a chance to go with her.

I could hear Chris running up to the bus and yell, "What the FUCK was that?!" I got off of Raven and hid behind her. All of the other members of the band looked at us, back and forth. Raven responded with, "Katelyn is quite loud, and has a very high pitch scream." Chris looked at her and said, "But I just heard her singing one of our songs and she matched my screams. My very deep, low ones."
Raven looked at him funny and said, "You know she's an Opera singer right?"
All of the boys lost their shit when they heard that. Chris looked dumbfounded. He looked at me and quietly asked if it was true. All I did was nod my head and his eyes went wide.

Well, that was a fun way of Raven telling them my secret. Not a lot of people know I'm an Opera singer. I usually sing pop songs around other people. I felt kind of awkward so I grabbed my bags and headed for the bedroom. I wanted to get cozy and have everything set up. I know that Raven's stuff is already set up, I could feel it. Once I get my stuff put away, maybe I'll open up to everyone more. But for now, I need to get over my inner starstuck fangirl. This is going to be one long tour.