Chapter Three- Papa and Uncle Louis

“Z-Zayn?” A voice said.

A voice I knew all too well.

Louis William Tomlinson.

“Hey, Lou.” I said, keeping my voice down.

Hey, Lou?” He mocked, all of his sass on full display. “You disappear off the face of the fucking earth and all you can say is ‘Hey, Lou’?” He asked incredulously, voice only getting louder, which was waking Autumn up.

“Daddy?” She murmured quietly, raising her head and attracting Louis’ attention. His face morphed into an emotional mix of anger, shock, confusion, and his ‘WTF’ look.

“Shh, baby girl, just go back to sleep, alright?”

“Okay.” She said before nodding off again. Harry gave Niall the keys and we made our way to the car- Harry said he was going to calm Louis down and then bring him over to explain.

With Autumn dead asleep in the back, Niall drove back to my house and I put Autumn in her bed, tucking her stuffed dog close to her and kissed her forehead before closing her door quietly and going to help Niall unload all of the bags, separating them into our separate rooms. I was just placing my last bag in the corner of my closet when I heard a car pull up in the driveway and nervously made my way downstairs.

Niall had let Louis and Harry in by the time I’d hit the last stair and led the way to the living room.

“Explain.” Louis snapped.

“Lou!” Niall protested.

“No, Niall. I want to know exactly why he disappeared off the face of the earth and why that little girl was there.” Louis said matter-of-factly. Straightforward and to the point, was Louis Tomlinson.

“Two years and nine months ago, I went to the doctor’s, thinking I had the flu or something worse.” I started once Louis’ attention was back on me. “Turns out, I had something way better than the flu.”

I explained how I came to be, about Autumn, how Harry- and now Niall- knew about Autumn, (everyone but Liam and Paul and Simon knew about Autumn at this point) that I didn’t cheat on Liam and somewhat skipped over the part about my fears of Liam rejecting me, everything, even to how Autumn was absolutely fascinated with all of their voices and music.

Louis was silent for a few moments.

“You didn’t cheat on Liam.” I shook my head. “Autumn is Liam’s daughter?” I nodded. “So when do I get to meet my niece?”

As if on cue, I heard Autumn shout, ‘Daddy!’, though it worried me instead of calmed me because Autumn sounded like she had been crying.

The next minute I was in Autumn’s room, picking her up and tucking her close to my chest, humming softly while her crying stopped.

Niall, Harry and Louis had followed me upstairs, with Louis muttering something about me being quicker than I used to be. Autumn wasn’t clumsy but having quicker reflexes saved her from a few bumps and bruises.

Autumn had stopped crying at this point and was hiccupping every once in a while before she sat back, letting me dry her face with a towel.

“Blow,” I told her gently, holding the towel to her nose. After she did so I wiped off whatever snot was left and tossed the towel on her dresser, while she cuddled into my chest.

“Are you okay, Autumn?” Louis asked, drawing her attention. He was like Harry; he loved children and Autumn would definitely be no different.

“I’m okay, Uncle Lou.” She said, not raising her head off my shoulder. Autumn rarely let anyone but me hold her after she had a nightmare, and even if she adored Louis (next to Liam, he was her favorite) tonight was no different.