One ↯New Beginnings↯

Today was just an ordinary day in Central city with a few extra surprises. CCPD was swarming with detectives, cops and each having different cases to work on and a new face in the building. The new person makes her way to a nearby detective and taps him on the shoulder.

"Um, excuse me? Where can I find Joe West?" The new girl says in a soft delicate voice. Just then the man turns around to face her with a smile plastered on his face while he sticks out his hand.

"You're looking at him. You must be Lucy. Am I right?" Joe says as he shakes the CSI's hand.

"You are correct. I just came from MCPD." Lucy smiles and slowly puts her hand back by her side.

"Ah Metropolis. Well I would love to show you around but I've got a big case at the moment, so I'll hand you over to your partner. Just go up those stairs, turn right, and the lab should be on your left. Your partners name is Barry Allen." Joe said while Lucy nod a small thank you and followed his directions. Sure enough walking around the room was a very busy Barry Allen.

"Barry Allen?" Lucy slowly walks in making sure she's not trespassing. "I'm your new partner, Lucy Maria Storm. Joe said his hands were full so he sent me up here."

"Oh hey, umm. Sorry for the mess was just..." Barry cut himself off while looking at the girl before him. Lucy stared right into his mesmerizing green eyes, the type of eyes that you could get lost in for days. Lucy snapped out of her trance when Barry looked away back at the screen with a goofy smile on his face. "so um, Lucy, I'm working on a robbery/murder case for Joe. Maybe you could help find something I can't?"

"Sure, you know what they say two minds are better than one." Lucy chuckles at her own joke which makes Barry chuckle too. Just as Lucy was about to ask Barry a question on the case a dark skinned girl with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes walked in.

"Ok, I'm ready to see this atom smasher, smashing" the strange new female says to Barry. "Oh, am I interrupting something?" She says looking in between the two CSI workers.

"No, no. I'm Barry's new partner. Lucy Maria Storm. I moved here from metropolis." Lucy says with a sticking her hand out with a smile in her face.

"I'm Iris West." She says with a kind welcoming smile and shakes Lucy's extended hand.

"West? Wait are you Joe's daughter?" Lucy says keeping the smile on her face.

"Yeah." She turns to Barry and continues with that she was saying before. "So Barry, are we still going?"

Barry looks up at Iris with a upset look. "There was a shooting today. Your dad needs me to process some evidence, which means I don't know if were gonna be able to make it to S.T.A.R. Labs." Barry makes his way to his computer and Iris follows.

"But seeing this thing turn on is like your dream. Your sad little nerdy dream." Iris takes one of the fries from Barry's and continues. "Besides I canceled a date for this." She sasses.

"Wow, Barry, she canceled a date. That's a big deal." Lucy says siding with Iris.

"Thank you Lucy. See someone agrees." She says turning her head to smile at Lucy

Barry looks at Iris and takes his packet of fries. "Hands off my fries. Unbelievable."
Barry takes his fries with him to another table and continues his research.

And again Iris follows "I'm stress eating over my dissertation. We started selling cronuts at jitters today, I ate two of them." Barry shakes his head and smiles at how silly Iris can be. "If I don't graduate soon I'm gonna be more muffin-top than woman" Iris says taking another on of his fries.