This is just the beginning

"Ahsha, how did we end up like this?" Jude asked perplexed as he tried to calm down a crying Kyle.

"I don't have the slightest idea" I replied, as shocked as him about the whole situation.

It was Sunday in the afternoon, two days since Friday night and the horrible event. After the hospital we all got to Jude's apartment and forced him to have bed rest. Some of the girls went to the each of the devil girls house to bring clothes for the rest of us, Raquel left Miguel at his best friend's house and the ones that had someone waiting for us back at home called with the excuse of staying at a friend's house, which wasn't completely false. The last thing we needed was the media knowing what almost happened and start bothering us when we were still sensible and Jude hurt.

Of course Jude tried to convince us that it wasn't necessary that he could take care of himself and that it didn't hurt much. However, when Kyle, Raquel, Rosa, the rest of the Devil Girls and I flashed him our powerful kitten eyes he conceded. Just like they say, kill them with kindness.

I don't know how we ended up like this. Surprisingly we all got along pretty well, we teased and had fun with each other as if we were old friends that hadn't seen each other in a long time. We campaigned at the living room, ordered pizza and ice-cream and watched a marathon of Castle. We laughed so much that we started crying about the funny relationship between Castle and Kate, but also were at the edge of our seats by the development of each case.

Then we played the game of the twenty questions, by Jude's suggestion, and found out thing we never knew about before. Like that Jude was gay (Kyle was devastated, she wanted to tap his ass and lick those abs. I thought amused. And she wasn't the only one. I would bet that most than the half of the Devil Girls leered at him whenever he took his shirt off for Raquel, so she could change the bandages), we found out that Kyle was in love with Teddy, I admitted my encounter with Derek in Las Vegas and Raquel told us about her heart problems.

That broke us all, we were a mess because of Raquel. However, Jude confessed something that shocked us even more. He told us that he once had a sever cancer that almost killed him. That he had given up and was ready to die at that time, but his best friend didn't let him go away and found a doctor that was able to save him. Jude promised us that he will call that doctor first thing tomorrow demanding for her to come from Canada to here and treat Raquel. He told us that the whole treatment will be expensive but if the Devil Girls and him worked together they will be able to pay it.

We all wanted to jump on him and hug him so much, but we didn't because we were afraid to hurt him. His gentle approach touched my heart and gave the girl the push they needed to go at him to ask for help in their works. Jude ended up calling working all the morning and part of the afternoon of the Sunday, trying to help the girls in what they needed and even called the doctor for Raquel.

The Devil Girls even, when he had finished making all the preparations and calls, asked him for advice in their personal life. Jude being the kind soul he is helped them as much as he could, from Rosa's family problems, to Raquel's discussions with Miguel's father, to Kyle's confusion about being in love for the first time. A simple teenage girl turn into a meeting of work to a psychological session.

Each movement he does making me more sure about wanting him directing The Devils.

"This is a mess" commented Jude under his breath before sighing and standing up, passing Kyle to Raquel "I will make a late lunch-early dinner, want something in specific girls?" he asked. When no one answered he asked "Is pasta fine? I didn't have time to go to the market lately".

After a chorus of 'yes' he began walking towards the kitchen "I'll lend you a hand" I said and followed him.

"Start boiling some water, I'll make the sauce" he told me and began making all the preparations.