Impending Love

This will be a fairly short book, possibly ten chapters,mainly just to work through this mood. it's unedited so sorry for any mistakes. Please comment, I really want to see your words

-*-

“Mrs Moore? Mrs Moore, can you hear me?” He waves his hand across my face a few times, a gentle smile caressing his cheeks, it seems so oddly placed.

“Yes.” It’s so easy to say that word, to reply positively.

He readjusts his white coat, quite awkwardly while he sits opposite me, “As I was saying before-”

I never noticed how sometimes when someone talks the tip of their nose can pull down slightly, I wonder why it does that.

He has 5 deep creases at the edge of his left eye.

The sun is shining brighter than yesterday.

“Mrs Moore, I understand what I’m telling you is-”

I’m trying I’m really trying to take it all in, but it’s like water slipping through the net of my mind.

There is no hope.

“-anyone I can call?” he finishes.

“I’m sorry what?” I reply scratching at my head absently.

“Perhaps your husband?” He reaches towards my documents, for what I presume is my husband’s contact details.

“No, don’t call anyone, please.”

He pauses.

A frown marring his face.

“I need you to consider the levity of the situation Mrs Moore, you will need support, of which I am inclined to advise you seek from all sources.” He pauses again, I wonder if it is for my benefit or for his. “Under the circumstances of what I have just reiterated to you-”

“I know.” I go to stand up, my legs supporting me even though I cannot feel them doing so. “But the last thing I wish to do is be consoled by those who do not have such a close and impending expiry date on their lives. And before you say it-” I readjust the shoulder strap of my bag, pulling it further up, “I know.”

“Mrs Moore, I have to suggest-”

“With all due respect Doctor, suggesting is easy when you aren’t the one with six months left to live facing the decision of what to do with them.”