The Queen

I swam inside the room and was greeted by a mermaid that looked around the age of 40. "Hello. Are you new here?" She said. I nodded. "I am Maggie." I said. The queen smiled. "Are you brave enough to live here? There are great dangers in the ocean, you know." She said. "Yes ma'am. I know." I replied, now afraid of the queen. She looked at me. "Well, I can't tell if you're really brave if you just say that you are. You have to prove it. I have a gem in a prison not too far from that small island you were stranded on. If you can escape the dangers of that part of the ocean and bring that gem back, you can stay in Oceania. But if not, you will be banished." The queen said. "You can bring one person to help you. I have chosen the mermaid to go with you, already. Good luck." I gulped. Just then, a girl around the age of 13 swam into the room. She had long hair colored turquoise and a tail colored teal that faded into white. On her torso, she wore a white shell bra. She had emerald green eyes and black lips. "Hi. I'm Cynthia. Are you new here?" She said. "Yes, I'm new. I'm Maggie." I replied. Cynthia smiled and came over to me. We shook hands. She had black webbing between her fingers. "We should get on with the queen's quest if you would like to stay here. Follow me." She said. She opened the silver door and I followed her, closing the door behind me. We swam all the way to the underwater village that Angel and I had passed earlier. We swam all the way to the small island and went on from there. When we were about to pass it, a hammerhead shark came right at us. Luckily, we were right by the island so, we dived onto it right when the shark bit in our direction. "Phew! Maggie? Are you okay?" Cynthia asked. I nodded, gasping for water. We dove back underwater and continued the journey. We approached a huge temple looking place and went in from there.