Chapter 19

I woke up to the twins crying, I smiled at the fact that I was in the arms of the man I loved so much and had a family with.

I placed a kiss on his collarbone before getting out of bed. I pulled on some clothes quickly, so I could go tend to the twins.

I walked in their room and picked both of them up. I put one on each breast, letting them eat.

I then felt Elliot's arms wrap around me and I smiled.

"Last night was amazing," he whispered in my ear, placing small kisses up and down my neck.

"Mhm, it was," I said as I smiled. The twins finished eating and I patted their backs, burping them.

All they did was sleep so a few minutes later they fell asleep in my arms.

"You up for some more?" Elliot whispered against my skin.

"We need to get out of the house, babe," I said.

"We can after," he said as I got up, placing the twins in their cribs.

I turned and walked back over to him.

"Promise?" I said with a smirk.

"Promise," he said as we walked back to the room.

Before you knew it, my clothes were in the floor and so were his underwear. And once again, the bedroom was our favorite place to be in this moment.

~~~

"I love you," he said, kissing my neck.

"I love you, too," I said, gently rolling out from under him.

His eyes stayed on me as I slipped on some clothes and quickly pulled my hair back into a clip.

"Where are we going?" he asked, getting out of bed and putting on some clothes.

"I don't know. I guess we'll figure it out," I said with a laugh.

"Alright," he said. "I'll get Emily, you get Brianna."

"Okay, let's go," I said as we both went into the other room.

I grabbed Brianna and he grabbed Emily and we quickly got them dressed. I grabbed their car seats and we put them in.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Let's go," I said, grabbing their diaper bags.

We walked out the door and placed the twins in the car, strapping them in.

"Where to first?" Elliot asked.

"Let's go to the mall," I said, laughing when Elliot groaned. "What?"

"I hate the mall," he said, backing out of the driveway.

"But you love me," I said, taking his hand in mine.

"That I do," he said, lifting my hand to his lips and placing a kiss on my hand.

We got to the mall and got the twins out of the car seat. We put them in a double stroller so we could push them around while we walked around the mall.

Our first stop was Children's Place, hoping to find something cute for the twins. I found two pairs of shoes that were absolutely adorable.

They were white flats with a little bow on the shoe. Elliot laughed at me for thinking they were cute, but I didn't care. I bought the shoes and we left that store.

As we were leaving Children's Place, we ran into Alex.

"Hey, you two. What's up?" she asked as she hugged each of us. "And who are these two cuties?" she said in a baby voice and squatted down, causing the twins to smile a little bit.

"This is Emily and Brianna," I said, smiling.

"Who's children?" she asked, still playing around with them.

"They're mine and Elliot's, actually," I said, flashing a small smile.

"Oh, I didn't know. Well congratulations!" she said, getting up and hugging me.

"Yeah, thanks Alex," I said, hugging her back.

"Can I talk to you over here for a minute?" she asked, pulling me to the side and she smiled at Elliot.

"What the h*** was that?" I asked, getting quite mad.

"What the h*** is this?" she asked, taunting back.

"This is my family," I said.

"When did this happen? Liv, he left you! You can't just allow him back in your life!" she said, raising her voice, but not loud enough to where anyone else could hear her.

"Alex, please. I'm fine. He's not going to leave," I said, shaking my head.

"You don't know that, now do you? He left once. How do you know for sure that he won't turn around and leave you again?" she said, raising her eyebrows.

"I-" she cut me off.

"Exactly. You don't know. Please, don't think I'm trying to be a b****, because I'm not. I'm your friend and I care about you. I don't want him leaving you like he did. You don't deserve that, and now, neither do your kids. What if he left them? How would that make you feel? What if he left you to take care of them all on your own?" she said, pausing. "Liv, I just don't want you to get hurt anymore. He's hurt you plenty of times, but not only does it hurt you, but it hurts me. Seeing a friend get hurt by the person that she's supposed to be able to trust in forever, seeing how broken you were. You don't think that had an effect on me? On Fin? Munch? On Cragen?"

"Yes, I do, but come on Alex! He's been there for me for as long as I can remember. We trust each other so much. I just can't let him go. I tried so hard not to trust him, or not to let him back in my life, but it's hard," I said, almost in tears.

She does have a point, though. What if he does leave again? Then, what would I do? She's right. I would be completely broken.

"I know, Liv. I just couldn't stand to see you like you were," she said, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I know, Alex. Thank you, for everything. For caring. But, I don't know what to feel anymore. I can't lose him," I said, looking over Alex's shoulder at Elliot squatted down, playing with the twins.

"Just...think about it, okay?" she said before we hugged and she walked off.

I just stood there, staring off at, whatever I was staring at. I had my arms crossed and now, Alex had my mind twisted every way and I don't know what to think.

"El, can we...go home, please?" I asked, tearing up.

"Of course. Liv what's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, I just want to go home," I said with a fake smile.

The whole drive home, all I could think about was if I could trust Elliot...

A/N~ So, yeah. That happened. Gah, Alex. Why'd you do that?? So, did Alex really change Liv's perspective on Elliot? Is this going to cause a fight between them? Can she trust him? Alex doesn't think so...I guess you'll just have to continue reading😁💗