A Friend In Need

Hello to all you awesome people out there!

This is a special fic: a request for a certain Edward The Badass, and I hope if you are reading this, that you'll enjoy it very much.

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, Sabrina Contugno does...and the idea technically belongs to ETB, so I don't own anything here!

ENJOY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lanyon's POV)

What has happened to Henry now?

That was the one thought going through my mind, as I rushed through the cold streets of the city of London at night, my usual and fashionable clothing protecting my flesh from the winds that enveloped every home, every street and every alleyway in it's freezing grasp, while I remember somewhat unharmed.

As I ran down the hard pavement, I could see that I was nearing the society a few blocks away as I picked up the pace with every step I took, while under the flickering street lamps above me that lit my way with their flames.

It had been quite a while since I had had some chit chat with my good friend, Henry being very busy with sorting out everything with the society and the lodgers, and me dealing with my own work close to the massive building not far from my home.

Soon, I was standing before the huge doors of The Society For Arcane Sciences...Henry had dubbed it that when this whole thing had began, stands out pretty well just like the building itself really.

I smiled, breathed in a deep breath, and then placed my hands on both halves of the door, and with a strong push, opened it up to allow the light in the main hall to almost blind me from how bright it was, compared to the dark outdoors he had just strolled through. Stepping forward into the room, I noticed that most of the lodgers were all together in front of the high stairs up to Jekyll's quarters, where the doors were closed shut.

They seemed to all be tense...and for good reason I guessed.

"Your finally here!" One of them shouted to me, rushing over to where I was standing at the front of the main hall.

"Hello again Mr. Archer." I spoke kindly, stepping forward and shaking hands with the not-as-tall man. His goggles were resting on his head as he looked at me with a somewhat worried look in his green eyes, and I quickly asked him the question that had been on my mind ever since I had left my house.

"What is troubling Dr. Jekyll?" I looked over to the doors once more as I questioned the somewhat tanned male in front of me.

He shrugged his shoulders and moved back over to his fellow lodgers, not answering my question as his blue jacket's coat tails swayed behind him, while he strolled across the length of the main hall. I walked along behind him, while the other lodgers stared at me with concerned and hopeful looks. Gulping back the spit building up in my throat, I spoke up above the muttering scientists.

"Quiet down everyone!"

All of them became quiet once I finished, followed by everyone moving out of the way for me to stroll over to the stairs, but I didn't take the steps up to his office...not yet anyway, before turning around to look at them all.

"You can all return to your work now! I will look after Dr. Jekyll!" I called out to the lodgers, who all nodded and separated. Though a brown haired girl remained, who stuck around a few seconds longer after everybody else, and then in a flash, ran off back to her own quarters in a hurried rush.