High and Mighty

Prologue

Hopelessness

Kate

I can't imagine destiny is making a joke out of my life. My boyfriend cheating with my best friend. Mother cheating on my father. How can I live with this whole damn thing? It is just miserable out there. Ending my life now is the best way a girl of 18 can do.

Sitting on the edge of this rooftop, looking at the bustling town with nobody caring. Dying is the best way to escape all these.

"Wait" I heared a voice.

"Hey! Stop right there!" I heared the same voice again.

I stood up and looked around. It was dark, I can't see anything and anyone.

"Who's there?"

I listened but there are no sounds. Maybe it was just my mind telling me not to jump and be dead. I turned around once more and closed my eyes ready to jump. Then suddenly a grip on my hand and started to pull me.

"Hey! Let go of me. Ahhhhhhhh" I flailed my hands, but it only made the grip tighten.

"You're hurting me. Stop! Please stop." I plead. Energy draining my body, I cannot move. Immobilized.

Hugo

"Shit! Kate! Kate! Wake up." I patted her cheeks.

I scooped her limped body and brought her to my apartment. I could not believe that she was about to jump on that damned rooftop.

She was walking aimlessly when I saw her. There is a sad and miserable look on her. As if she was not the bubbly girl I know in school. She is popular as a star and her life, perfect as it can be. According to what I hear my classmates say when they talked how envious they are. But here she is on my couch, blocked out.

I got water from the fridge when I heared a groan from the couch.

"Where am I?" She suddenly stood up when she saw me.

"Who the hell are you?" she spat, voice panicking.

"I..."

She reached for the combat knife on the side table and aimed at me.

"Don't... get near me! WHO ARE YOU?! ANSWER ME!!!"

"Kate...please put down the knife. You might get hurt." Gently I stepped closer.

"Stop!!! Stop right there. Wh...why do you know my name? Who are you?" she screamed, confused and was aiming to throw the knife. I ran to her and aimed to disarm her. She screamed and screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Hey! Stop!" I covered her mouth to minimize her noise.

"I said STOP!" I stormed.

She stopped shouting and dropped down on the couch, drained of whatever energy that was left of her.

"Hey! Kate I'm sorry."

This is not supposed to happen. I can never left myself visible to her, or any other students in school. But here I am, rescued the damsel in distress.

------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy reading this.. Please vote ;) I'll update soon ;)

Thank you for reading