Page 5

the girls white shade join us at the top of the stairs.

I let the girl before me catch her breath.

After a few moments I ask her, "who are you, why are you after me, how can you see the shades?"

She's still breathing heavily, she replies, "hold on a minute, I would like... To tell you everything. Can we go somewhere to talk. It seems... That we've caused a ruckus back there. " she points down the stairs into the subway. And my eyes widen at the sight.

The subway looks like it was hit by an explosion pieces of metal hanging down from the ceiling and concrete was cratered in.

I say with a shocked face, "yeah... Let's go. "

We walk down the street for a while and jester keeps looking at the girls shade. He has an amusing shy demeanor about him and I say to him, "why don't you say something to her? "

The girl looks at me and says, "you talk to your shade? "

Jester says to the shade, "Hi my given name is Dark Jester. " he waves to her as well.

The girls shade says, "I have no name. Nor do I have need of one. "

Jester looks at me grinning and says, "did you hear that? She spoke to me. "

Jester saying 'she' spoke because the shades voice was undoubtedly feminine.

I say to jester, "yeah, I heard her. She doesn't have a name. "

The girl stops and says to me, "wait, you can talk to them? Like have actual conversations with them?"

I reply, "yeah, can't you? "

She shakes Her head and says, "no I can't. "

I say, "oh. " I look at jester striking up conversations with the girls shade who is humoring him with words unlike Lancelot. I smile as Jester seems to be like an excited little kid almost jumping up and down talking to the shade.

Lancelot is silent standing beside me closely almost eyeing the other shade with a warning Aura.

I get to an Italian restaurant and say, "are you hungry? " seeing as everything right now is a bit awkward and I figure sitting down in a restaurant seems like a good place to talk.

She looks at me and says, "this seems like a nice place to talk. "

We walk in and sit in a booth. Jester sits beside me in the booth. Her shade sits across from Jester. I sit across from the girl.

After we order our food, I ordered the lasagna mini platter. She ordered fettuccine Alfredo.

As we wait for our food I say, "my name is Arieve. " I put my hand forward to shake hers.

She sort of smiles and says as she shakes my hand, "my name's Zana. "

I nod my head and think 'beautiful name for the beautiful lady. '

We sit in awkward silence for what seems like forever when I finally ask, " so... You can't talk to your white shade? "

She looks puzzled and says, "no, I didn't even know that they could be talked to. The Priest at the Coordinated seer association for the supernatural didn't say anything about talking to them either, and the headmaster specifically said that there can only be one shade yin or yang for the balance within the seers. "

I stare at her in confusion and say, "I have no idea what you are talking about. Coordinated seer association? Yin and yang? Balance within the seers? "