Introduction

When I was younger, all of my friends and I thought that it was so cool that I was colorblind, it was like a superpower to us for some reason. I was the coolest kid on the playground because I couldn't see colors... well things have changed a lot. I don't drive due to the fact that I can't tell the difference between and red, green, or yellow traffic light and so when I was sixteen I learned to skateboard instead and it has been my mode of transportation since then, twelve years ago. Everything was okay, except for the fact that it is December and skateboarding everywhere required me to freeze every, single, time.

     So it is December and the holidays were approaching and I needed gifts to mail out to the family that still cared enough to keep in contact with me and my few friends at work. Just like every year, I have to go into the store and ask what color every t-shirt and kitchen decoration is, probably looking slightly insane to my fellow shoppers but that's okay because everyone was insane around the holidays right? I've always really wanted to see the Christmas colors that everyone always talked about: red and green. I probably only heard people say "red and green" so much because colors are like a foreign language to me. Anyhow, red and green just seem like they would be the greatest colors ever, and they must look beautiful together, I want to see them more than anything else in the world, but I can't.