Words

An expression talked by 85% of the world. An expression that was set to help you experience life and its hardships. An expression Asia rehashes to herself consistently before she goes to bed.

"Asia, are you up?" Diana, Asia's mother whispered while shutting the entryway.

"Mother! He let you come see me" Asia ran and embraced her mother. "I wish he did" her mother answered.

Asia froze. She detests when her mother did things like this. "Again mother. Once more." She moved in an opposite direction from her mother with the most disillusioning look. As much as she might want to spent time with her mother, it just jeopardized them. "Mother, go back to your room. Please. We both know he is going to get annoyed and hurt us."

"Be that as it may, I missed you so much" her mother dropped to the floor. Diana was a lovely lady. Indeed, even with all her wounds and marks. She was youthful when she wedded John. She was cheerful then. Grinned and chuckled more, went out more, she spruced up more. She showed off her body out more, not in a whore sort of way, but in confidence of her beauty and self-esteem.

But as time passed, John bended her. He broke her happiness, and her joyful state. He turned her life to the opposite of what she thought it would be. Diana hates being locked up and being told what to do and when to do it. But she followed because she had a wonderful daughter to think about. She couldn't stand to see Asia hurt.

Much the same as her mother, Asia despised seeing her mother the way she was. She bent down and lifted her up and embraced her. "I'm sorry mother." I hate seeing you like this. But it was wrong of me to scream at you like that, and I'm sorry." she apologized. "Lay down with me tonight, we'll deal with our punishments when he arrives." She pulled away and fakes the realest grin she could marshal up.

"Is school going great? Are you excelling in all your classes?" Diana asked, with hope in her eyes. She hates the idea of Asia going to school with so much scars and bruises. She knows Asia hides herself and stops herself from enjoying her teenage years.

"It's going well Mom. I had a final yesterday, and I passed it. " She explained turning on her side to face her mother. You could see Diana's wrinkles and how her smile was fake and slowly fading. She wasn't as old as she looked. But seeing her made Asia's day. "And there's this boy" Asia hesitated.

"Oh how lovely! What's his name? " Diana squealed. "Is he tall? Blue eyes?" She gasped. It was the first news of excitement in her daughter's life. The first sign that she might be happy and might have the chance of leaving.

"Very tall, to be exact, and his eyes are light brown, Mom" Asia chuckled. "Blue eyes would be a miracle from God" They laughed. Yet they both knew that it was more than a joke. All they wanted was a miracle from God. That's all they hoped for. If not from God, but from the great savior from up there.

"So what's his name?"

"Ezra" Asia responded with so much excitement in her eyes. "He's in most of my classes, and we sit next to each other in 4 of them."

"Awww. My baby girl like a boy! Asia likes a boy! Asia likes a boy!" Diana cooed while Asia just shook her head at her laughing. "Have you talked to each other? Is his voice deep."

Asia laughed, not being able to hold it in anymore. She laughed until she fell out of bed, never stopping. "Asia!" Her Mom yelled, worry but also humor in her voice. She moved off the bed to help Asia. "What are you laughing about?"

"You sound like a little girl Mom!" She laughed again clutching on to her something. " Or those gossiping girls straight out of those movies we used to watch." She laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" Diana chuckled. "Laugh all you want, but I still wanna know if his voice is deep" Asia laughed louder, forgetting that she isn't allowed to make noise in the house. "Asia calm down," Diana rubbed her back, "we don't even know if he's home yet" she stated with seriousness in her voice.

Asia looked at the clock in her room. She could barely see what time it was, with that huge crack in the middle of it. Yet, she still holds in to it, since it's all she's had and can actually say is hers. She couldn't throw it away. Held to much memories to her.

"Are you going to have a conversation with him" Diana's eyes transmitted with hope. Hope that her only little girl, her only child to be exact, regularly having more than she. Expectation that her significant other will be glad of how well she protected her kid as she had guaranteed.

"Mother, he doesn't even notice me. I don't even believe or think that he knows I'm alive," she turned and took a gander at the roof, "and beside" she chuckled, " Dad would slaughter me" Asia laughed as her mom's chuckling joined her.

"Indeed he will" Diana whispered back. "Good night my little princess. Dream of sweet dreams," she kissed Asia's forehead and allowed her lips to linger there for a brief period.

"Good night my amazing  queen."