Ch. 33

==Asher's Point of View==

A couple of months go by and Warped Tour finally comes back to California. Simms and I decide to surprise the guys and bring the kids to visit...so I have Kyle (their tour bus driver) make up a bullshit excuse that the bus's fuel line broke and they need to get a hotel for safety reasons. I have Yanni tell us what room Jeremy and Andy are in (because when they get a hotel, they generally share a room to save money) Simms and I find out that they are in the presidential suite and Ash is rooming with them too...so, we wrangle up the kids and head to the hotel. Yanni meets us at the lobby and takes us to the room. He knocks on the door and Ash answers it, I quickly shush him and we walk in. He tells us that Andy is with Matt right now and Jeremy is asleep in bed, so naturally, my four kids jump on his bed; startling him awake...but he was SO HAPPY to see them. Ashlyn cuddles up to him and John attaches himself to Jeremy's left arm.

Jinxx:
You little sneaks, how did you know daddy was here.

Sophie:
Mr. Yanni told us.

Jinxx:
Thanks for this, Yanni.

Yanni:
No problem, cute kids...you seem happy, I'll let you reunite with your family. (turns to the door) oh, and the bus is fine, we just needed to surprise you and Andy.

Jinxx:
Juliet, you look good.

Juliet:
You do too, Jinxx. Happy?

Jinxx:
Overjoyed. This is the best way to wake up after not seeing my family for so long

Sophie:
We missed you, daddy.

Jinxx:
Daddy missed you too, Soph.

John:
Can we go get food, I'm hungry.

Jinxx:
Yeah, let daddy get up and get dressed. Hop off the bed and let mommy come give me a kiss.

Our kids all go sit on the couch and I lean over and kiss him. He kisses me back and goes to get dressed. Juliet and Chris go find Andy and we go to Golden Corral. While we're there, fucking Ben and James walk in and we move to the back.

John:
Mommy? I would like some pasta.

Me:
I'll go get some for you.

I go up to the buffet and grab a plate, Ben sees me and follows suit.

Ben:
Hello gorgeous. (I scoff and ignore him) looking beautiful as always.

Me:
Leave me alone, I'm with my husband and kids.

Ben:
How many you got now?

Me:
That's none of your business.

Yanni sees my situation and escorts me back to my table.

Me:
Honey? Ben and James are here.

Jinxx:
Should we leave?

Me:
No, Yanni has us covered, let's just enjoy our meal

I see Ben looking at our table with James; pointing to Alex.

Alex:
That's the mean man!

Me:
Yes honey, I know.

They approach our table but Yanni forces them back.

Yanni:
(sternly)
Leave. Them. Alone.

Ben:
I want to see my daughter. (smiles sweetly) Hi Alex, remember me?

Alex:
Go away, you're the mean man.

Ben:
I'm your daddy, be nice.

Alex:
(points to Jinxx)
He's my daddy.

James:
Oh lass, no he's not...he might be your step-daddy....but our friend—

Me:
LEAVE!

People in the restaurant stare at me....my give a fuck level is on empty though.

Me:
YOU WENT TO PRISON BECAUSE YOU LIED IN COURT AND COST ME TWO YEARS WITH ALEX AND I WANT YOU TO LEAVE ME AND MY FAMILY ALONE! YOU ARE NOT ALEX'S FATHER, NEITHER IS THAT MORON DANNY WORSNOP! LEAVE ME AND MY FAMILY THE HELL ALONE, BENJAMIN!

Ben:
You really think it's that easy? (Danny walks up) Ah, and here is your real daddy Alexandria.

Alex looks at me confused.

Alex:
Mummy, what is he talking about?

Danny:
I'm your real daddy. Look at you! You got big!

Alex:
But...but.

Danny:
I'm your real daddy, not the man sitting at the table with you. Your mummy lied to you.

Alex:
(tears building up)
Mummy?

Me:
Don't listen to him, honey...he's a bad man. Let's go, Jeremy.

Jeremy takes Sophie and Ashlyn out of their high chairs and I pick up John....all four of my kids are instructed not to talk to Danny, Ben or James. We pay and leave in a hurry.

Alex:
Did you lie to me, mummy? Is he my daddy?

Me:
Yanni, can you call Ashley please? I need to have a word with my husband

Yanni nods and a few minutes later, we drop our kids off at Ashley and CC's room and go back to Jeremy's room. I sit on the bed.

Me:
We gotta tell her.

Jinxx:
She's too young.

Me:
Jeremy...

Jinxx:
Bad idea, Asher...she can't handle the truth.

Me:
So am I supposed to lie to her?? I don't want my daughter to think her mother is a liar.

Jinxx:
How do we tell her I'm not her daddy?

Me:
You are her daddy! There's a fine lined difference between being a daddy and being a father. You're not her father, you're her daddy. You taught her how to spell her name, ride a bike, sing, you're her daddy...I don't care about paternity, Jeremy. You've been there for her through so much, she turns to you for comfort and love. Danny hasn't done shit...he took her from me and me from her. And Ben (scoffs) he's never truly appreciated Alex.

Jinxx:
I love you....so much!

He pushes me down on the bed and we begin to get undressed...until there's a knock on the door. We both groan in frustration, put our clothes back on and he answers the door; Andy, Juliet and Chris are here. We let them in and explain the incident that happened earlier. With Chris now asleep, we can talk as a group about the best avenue

Andy:
I vote to tell Alex the truth, she's gonna find out one way or another.

Juliet:
I agree, it should be from her parents

Jinxx:
But what do we do about Asking?

Juliet:
Simple, ignore them. You've got a no-contact restraining order on them, they're not a concern.

Me:
Julies, go get Alex, please.

Juliet goes to get my...ahem our daughter and Ash returns with her. We sit her on Jeremy's lap and tell her we need to have a grown-up talk...