An Angel Came To Save Me

HEY GUYS I AM SO SORRY. I KNOW IT HAS BEEN WAY TOO LONG. I HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY AND TIRED AND A LOT OF THINGS. BUT I REALLY HOPE THIS MAKES UP FOR IT

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO I PRESENT TO YOU

AN ANGEL CAME TO SAVE ME BY ME OLIVIA

XXOOXXOO I MISS DOING THAT

OLIVIA

CHAPTER 1

It seemed so tempting. So endearing. So easy...

I stood on the thick ledge of a bridge. It sat on a river, that sat near an abandoned road, a ways off from the highway. The wind was blowing against my back. Almost egging me on, it seemed.

The water rushed away from me. As if saying, "If you jump, I'll whisk you away into nothingness. Just like you want me to."

It was the only way out. It was coming eventually, right?

I took a deep breath. My arms spread out wide and I let myself begin to fall. My eyes were shut tight. It was happening slowly. But the end couldn't come fast enough.

" No!" I heard. Two hands wrapped around me and hurled me back. I landed on top of someone else with a thud.

I rubbed my aching head and turned to face my intruder. A tall blonde boy about 17 years old, stood there staring at me.

" Are you fuckin crazy?!" I yelled.

" Me?" He yelled in return. "You were about to throw yourself over a bridge."

" I am very much aware of the current situation." I said angrily. I was so close.

" I just saved your life!" He argued.

" Yes! Thank you! This is exactly what I had dreamed would happen." I said sarcastically.

" Then you are very welcome for making your wildest dreams come true." He replied matching my tone.

I glared at him.

" Why were you gonna jump?" He asked studying me. I scoffed.

" I don't thing I have to answer to you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have places to be."

" By that I hope you don't mean the bottom of that river." A frustrated groan escaped my lips and I turned to the road and began to walk away.

Stupid boy. Thinking he can come interrupt me. Then I stopped. What would I have done if I jumped?

Died, of course.

Did I want that? Yes. No. Maybe? I started on the walk toward my house. A small red car pulled up alongside me.

" Do you need a ride somewhere?" I turned to see the blonde boy again.

" Why do you keep showing up in my life? That's twice already!"

" In my defense, if you really wanted to jump, you wouldn't have let me stop you." I narrowed my eyes and reached for the car door. I sat in the car and stared at him.

" Well? Drive!" I said finally.

" Where? Neverland? Narnia? Oz? The city of Atlantis? Take your pick." He said smugly.

" Take me to Fordwin Road. That's where I live." He started the car back up.

" Courtland." He said braking the silence.

" What?"

" My name's Cortland."

" Well, Cortland, what makes you think I have any interest in learning your name?"

" I'm kind of your hero." He said smiling. I scoffed. Then I noticed that he missed my turn.

" Dude! You missed the turn." I yelled looking back down the road. He didn't flinch or making any attempt to turn around. " Where are we going?"

" I'm hungry. And you get to come with me." He replied casually.

" This is kidnapping." I said as he pulled into a small cafe that I'd never heard of. I folded my arms across my chest. He hopped out of car and ran to open my door.

I remained seated. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me out of the car. I started kicking and screaming.

" Put me down!" I yelled pounding on his back. He chuckled slightly and set me down. "You have broken many personal invasion laws today Cortland."

He laughed again as we sat down at a small table and gave a nearby waitress our orders.

" So damsel in distress do I get to know your name and your life story?" Normally he would be classified as a master level 3 creeper. But, I don't know, I felt like I had been bundling up a lot.

After our drinks came I took a deep breath and started talking.

" My name is Anna Beth. I'm 17 years old. My birthday, which is coming up soon, is August 16th. I live with my mom and my step-dad and my 12 year old little brother. I was born in Las Vegas and only recently moved here to Seattle with my family for my mom's job. I'm not suicidal by the way, though the past events have lead you to believe otherwise."

" Nice to officially meet you Anna Beth. I'm Cortland. I'm 19 and I live on my own. My parents were both drunks and I have custody of my 16 year old little sister. My birthday is January 2nd. I'm an aspiring artist. And have recently found out that I am a part time hero for maidens like yourself." I smiled slightly. He noticed and smiled broadly.

" Nice to meet you Cortland. Now tell me, why did you stop me from jumping off that bridge?" His face hardened.

" I, for more reasons than one, know the value of a life. I wasn't going to let you take the easy way out. Even if I didn't know you. Nothing can be that bad for you right?" He said inquiringly.

" You have no idea..."

" So tell me Anna Beth, why were you planning to jump?"

I took a deep breath and prepared myself to speak a truth that I have failed to realize myself.

" I have cancer, and I'm going to die."

****

AND SCENE!

I AM REALLY EXCITED TO START THIS STORY AND O REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT.

BUT LET ME UPDATE YOU ON WHAT'S HAPPENING

I HAVE RECENTLY FALLEN IN LOVE WITH ELLIE GOULDING WHO IS AN AMAZING SINGER AND AN ARTIST BY THE NAME SEPTEMBER SHE IS ALSO GRAND

I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH A BOY WHO DOESN'T LOVE ME BACK AND IT SUCKS BUT I LOVE HIM NONE THE LESS I STARTED SCHOOL AGAIN AND HAVE AN OVERWHELMING INCOME OF NEW FRIENDS TO CONFIDE IN AND BITCH ABOUT. IM GENERALLY HAPPY IN A SENSE AND HAVE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT.

I HAVE ALSO TAKEN UP PHOTOGRAPHY AND WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE I HAVE SOME TALENT IN IT

SO CHECK ME OUT ON FOTOLR A FREE APP

MY USER NAME IS Oliviamcfly

I love you all and wish you the best<3