Chapter 2

HEY GUYS CHAPTER TWO IS RIIGHT HERE. I REALLY AM TIRED. OOO I BOUGHT EGGNOG ICE CREAM AND I MAKE MILKSHAKES WITH IT AND THEY ARE AMAZING.

LISTEN TO ELLIE GOULDINGS VERSION OF ONLY GIRL IN THE WORLD I FREAKIN LOVE IT

XXOOXXOO

OLIVIA

***********

CHAPTER 2

Cortland began chocking on his hot chocolate and staring at me wide eyed.

" Omigod! Are you okay?!" I asked. He stopped and coughed a few times.

" You have cancer?" He croaked, still looking at me with dismay. I nodded meekly.

" Yea I do." My mind began to wander to a few days before as I told the story.

* FLASHBACK*

I walked through the living room of my house with a bowl of popcorn in hand. My younger brother, Charlie, sat on the couch under a blanket.

" Ready Charlie?" I asked plopping down next to him. He nodded eagerly and grabbed a handful of popcorn. I pressed play on the DVD remote and settled on the couch. We were watching Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. Charlie's all time favorite movie.

About halfway through I got really thirsty and got up to get a drink. I held the glass in my hand as I walked back into the living room.

Suddenly I felt as if someone had punched me in the gut and I doubled over. I screamed out in pain an fell to the floor. Charlie came rushing to my side, calling for my mom.

She came charging down the stairs.

" Anna, Anna-Beth. Are you alright." She asked. The pain faded faster than it had come. I nodded slightly, trying to catch my breath. "I'm taking you to the hospital."

I groaned. "Mom I'm fine. Please can we not?"

She rolled her eyes and dialed 911. Pretty soon the ambulance had come to get me and they carried me away in a stretcher. At the hospital, the doctors talked to my mom for a bit. Then they started running a bunch of weird test. I was there all night. And the next morning, they called my parents out of the room. The doctor and my mom and step-dad were gone for a little then she came back crying.

My mom has been through a lot. And it took a lot to make her cry. Immediately my heart started racing and I began to panic.

" Anna-Beth, do you now what Pancreatic Carcinoma is?" The doctor asked rubbing the bridge of his nose. I thought about it for a minute before answering.

" No." I said shaking my head.

" See," He took a deep breath, "There are hormones in the pancreas that control blood sugar levels. These hormones are made of special cells. And sometimes these cells can develop tumors. And in some cases these tumors are benign or even they spread out of the pancreas and can be surgically removed. Now, in your case the tumors have remained isolated in the pancreas and are too developed to fight off."

I blinked a couple of times. That was way too many words for me to comprehend. I hate when doctors did that. Use big words that Einstein wouldn't have even understood.

" I'm in high school. I don't have a degree in anything. What does that mean?" I asked frustrated.

" Anna-Beth we diagnosed you with Pancreatic Cancer."

Cancer? My head started spinning, and my breathing became short and quick.

Cancer? I couldn't have cancer. I was only 17, and I was perfectly healthy. I ran track, and I've played soccer since I was like 5. I was in great shape and I didn't eat a lot of junk food. I couldn't have cancer.

Yes, I could.

I wasn't even a possibility, it was a fact. It was my life now.

I'd heard about pancreatic cancer. It was bad. A lot of pain.

" I'm going to die, aren't I? There is no cure, and I'm too far along. I'm dying." It wasn't even a question. It was a statement. The doctor nodded and my mother's soft tears became hard pounding sobs. My step-dad's face was red and pulsing. He looked almost angry.

" How long?" I managed to croak.

" A year, maybe a year and a half." My mother cried harder. A year. I would be dead within a year.

The thought of it wasn't even the worst part. Saying it was. I'm probably going to be dead before my nineteenth birthday.

I'm never going to get to fall in love, or get married, or have kids, or go to college, or have a mid-life crisis. My mid-life crisis should have been eight years ago.

The doctor talked more, but I had already zoned out.

I'm dying

** END FLASHBACK**

I snapped back into reality. Cortland was staring at me and blinked a few times. I put my head down an stared awkwardly into my lap.

" Omigod, I'm so sorry." He said quietly. I looked up to meet his eyes and laughed. "What?"

" It isn't your fault. I'm fine." He glared at me in disbelief.

" You were about to hop off of a bridge. You aren't okay." He argued. But I wasn't in the mood for arguing, so I glanced at me watch.

" I've really gotta go, thank you. For everything." I smiled and stood up. He hopped up too.

" I'll give you a ride." He offered.

" You are really persistent. But I'd rather not walk so you got lucky." H smiled and we both walked to the car.

It was an awkward ride to my house. He didn't anything. For the first time today. But rather look at me every once in a while. When we pulled up I stepped out of the car and looked back.

" Thanks again." I said kindly.

" So is this is? Do I never get to see you again?"

" I don't know." I said quietly. Instead of letting him answer, I just turned and walked into my house.

My parents were watching TV in the living room while Charlie played with Legos on the floor.

" Hi, sweetheart." My mom said smiling sadly. Every since my mom heard that I had cancer, she's been really sad and careful around me.

" Hi mom." I replied, not making any point of telling her about my eventful day. No one else turned to greet me.

Alright then.

I retired to my room and plopped down on my bed. My parents pulled me out of school, something about enjoying my life before I die.

But I couldn't. I'm dying. Everything that I do is coming to an end at one point. I can't wake up every morning and have breakfast with my parents, I can't take walks by the river anymore. I didn't have many friends so that wasn't really a problem. I prefer being by myself anyway.

And I could feel my body giving up. I wasn't eating much, I was losing weight. I had sharp flashes of pain in my side, I was always tired. It's like my whole body was giving in to the cancer, like it was taking over.

The clock on my bedside table read 6:30. But I was extremely tired and soon drifted to sleep.

********

HEY GUYS

IM SAD. GUESS WHY. BOYS OF COURSE I'M A HORMONAL TEENAGE GIRL. EVERY CUTE GUY I SEE I THINK IM IN LOVE WITH

AND THE FIRST ONE TO TELL ME IM PRETTY I THINK IS MY FUTURE HUSBAND

SO... YEA

BUT ANYWAYS HOPE YOU LIKED IT. IM GOING TO TRY UPDATING THE OTHERS

BE PATIENT

LOVE YOU GUYS<3<3<3