Friend Zone

Rachel:

I saw her. My most loyal, loving friend. Anureet. Saying her name sends chills down my spine, it is like I can feel her gentle fingers exploring my soft skin.

You've probably figured out that I'm a lesbian and I kinda like my best friend Anureet..like, like-like, maybe it's love. I don't know for sure yet.

Oh shit! Here she comes. Her perfectly curled hair is hanging on her gentle shoulders and her soft, brown eyes gazed into mine as she made her way to me.

"Hey girl, hey" greeted Anureet.

"Hey what's up dawg" I, stupidly, replied.

Oh fuck, what a dumb thing to say. I sounded like an idiot.

Anureet and I paused for moment, a moment in which the whole world seemed to stop. A moment in which only the unstoppable gaze of our eyes was visible.

Me and Anureet often have pauses in our conversations but not the awkward "what do I say now" type pause; the "wow you're so pretty pauses." At least that's what I would always be thinking.

Period 3 bell rings

"Should we get going to french with, woohoo, Mrs. Rodrigeuz, my favourite teacher...not!" Anureet said.

"Hahaha, yeah sure let me grab my bags first." I replied.

As she walked away, I noticed her round, plump butt. So beautiful!

I always have dreams where I let all my feelings rush out of me as I announce my love to Anureet. But those are just dreams.

If only I could tell her what I really wanted.