Dreams

Rachel:

It's been 2 days since I've seen Anureet and my heart can't take it anymore. I need to just hear her soft, soothing voice one more time. It's ok though, in 2 hours I will be at school, in the presence of my soul mate Anureet.

 Recently I have been thinking about her a lot and I'm wondering if I should, you know, talk to her about it. No, I can't do it. What if I lose her forever. My one true love. The one I cherish more than anyone. I'd rather live a life where I keep my love for her a secret than a life where I don't have her at all. Maybe I should. No.

2 hours later

"ANUREET! hey."

"Babes, hey."

"So, hey, look I need to talk to you about a few things after school, is that cool?"

"Oh hey sure but I have to go at 3:30, is that ok?"

"Oh yeah that's enough time." I hope...

Period 1 bells rings

"Come on, we've got R.S now."

"Oh yeah ok, I'll catch up with you, you go ahead."

I didn't.

I don't know what came over me but I just ran. I ran and I didn't stop. I was lost. What was I feeling? I then just sat in the small burrow behind my locker, weeping uncontrollably. Because...I can't tell her, I can't.

After half an hour I pulled myself together and sorted myself out. I wiped the dripping mascara of my face and wallowed in self-pity. When I made it to R.S, Mr Evans didn't care I was late; Anureet ran up to me and seemed so concerned.

"Where were you!?"

"Oh, I was just looking for my lost P.E. kit."

"Oh...ok." She replied sketpically.

The real reason I was crying was something I couldn't admit to myself for some reason but deep down inside I know what it is. I keep having dreams. Dreams of her, and me.

Dreams that won't come true.