Вампир

Prologue

Blood pumping, Adrenalin rushing, I ran into the first fork of the tunnels and listened. He was coming up fast, he must have been following me for at least a mile in the tunnels, and now he knows that I am running from him. I did not want to leave any tracks for him to follow. Knowing that the infamous bounty hunter, Josh Hunter, was following me, made my senses work like a powerhouse, causing me to hear, feel and even smell the passing cars and rain storm above.

I decided it was time to try to lose him. Using my knowledge gained over the last two years, I created false tracks as quiet and as quickly as I could. I wiped a little sweat on the tunnel wall and stirred the mud to make it look like I fell while going through the path on the left. Quickly, I sped off into the path on the right praying that Hunter would fall for the tracks. Suddenly, the sounds of his footsteps subsided and I stopped to listen. He must have fallen for the tracks because his footsteps faded into the opposite path. I began to slow down, now knowing I was a little bit safer. As I looked around, I started to think and recognize the tunnels I was in. I was only about three-hundred steps away from a very nice hiding hole where I could rest. As I reached my destination, I began to think about how I ended up where I am now, all the way back to the beginning...