Rough All Over

Rough all over. That's the only way to describe it. I looked at the chipped paint as I walked down the unfamiliar hallway. It was different, very different. I hate it when you get so used to one thing and then it changes, or at least the setting changes. An example might be, me showing up in the middle of the school year. Not only is it different to have a new student, but in the middle of the year, is just strange, out of the box, and different. Drawing me from my thoughts, the loud  speaker went off signaling that the morning announcement were going to be portrayed momentarily. I walked down the hall quickly, trying to locate my locker. On the way I passed two unfamiliar boys standing by the edge of a staircase reading. Nerds I thought to myself. Once I found my locker, I spun the dial, and pulled up the stiff latch to open a world of realization that I was actually starting a new school.

After quickly grabbing my books I head back to the staircase. When I got there I noticed the two boys reading had left, probably going to there next class. I made my way up the dark, black staircase. They should really make that brighter I thought, I need to stop criticizing and open my mind to different possibilities. I got to the top of the stairs I noticed small groups, cliques if you'd like, gathering by lockers and doors everywhere. Great, I just got here and I already see separation. Why can't we all just be a big group instead of little groups. The last bell rang, sending students in different directions, and into classes.  I located my class and entered. I took the first empty seat next to a boy in the back row.

"Hi, I'm Kalid" a boy introduced himself. I looked him over, he was biracial, black-and-white, he had a square cut, he wore a blue shirt that read "Trojans Basketball" and dark blue jeans. His shirt was tucked in and he wore a belt. Strange not many boys know how to properly dress.

"I'm Hunter." I replied rather quickly. He scanned his eyes over me probably just returning the gesture.

"So I'm guessing your new."

"Yeah, I'm guessing your not," he laughed at my stupidity and replied with a yes. A few more boys sat down.

"Let me introduce you to the crew" he looked over to the 4 other boys who walked in. "this is AJ " he wasnt mixed but had the exact same face as Kaliq . He wore a red Polo and some black jeans with white and red Vans ™. "These are the twins Jordan and Lebron. " Jordan wore a dark green shirt with cacky shorts. London  had on a blue shirt with black shorts. Both had on toms ™.  "And this is Cameron. " He wore a Michael Jordan shirt with some blue jeans and Nike's. All of them looked extremely fit and hot. "Boys this is Hunter, she's new."

"Well that's kind of obvious." Lebron stated with a bit of annoyance in his voice.  I wonder what wrong with him.