Waiting (Ed Sheeran)

You'd been best friends with Ed for a year and still hadn't told him about your monster crush. You told yourself that you were to young for him, but you knew that age didn't matter to you or to Ed. The truth was, you didn't want to freak him out that you'd been in love with him since before you had even met him. You were feeling sad that day because Ed had been hinting that he liked someone and you couldn't bear him being with someone else. You sat on your couch eating ice cream and channel surfing when you saw the face of your favourite ginger. He always told you when he was doing interviews or making tv appearances. Why would he forget to tell you about this one? You decided to watch it because you were curious and it was Ed. He talked with the interviewer about a lot of things you already knew and you were about to change the channel when the interviewer asked "so Ed, tell me about Alexia." Your eyes widened. You had never been asked about in an interview before. What was Ed going to say? Ed's face broke into a smile and said "one does not just describe Alexia." You smiled. Then the interviewer said "then tell me, Ed, how is it that one name can light up your whole face?." "Well it's not so much the name" Ed replied "as it is the person to whom the name refers. And Alexia lights up everything it's just the way she is." Ed thought you lit everything up. You were so excited. "So are you two romantic?" The interviewer prodded. The smile faded off your face and Ed's too. "No," he sighed "but I'd really like to be." You gasped. What? Ed Sheeran told the world that he liked you? No way, you thought, no way. However, your thought was interrupted by the interviewer asking another question "but Ed, why don't you just ask her out?" Ed blushed and looked embarrassed. "I don't want to get tuned down. And Alexia is several years younger than I am and even though I don't have a problem with age, she might. She's my best friend and I never want to lose her." You were squeezing the pillow you'd been laying on against your chest. Ed cared about you in the same way you cared about him. You couldn't believe it. The interview ended and you switched the tv off. You called Ed before you remembered that he was on tour in Australia. "Hello?" "Ed? It's Alexia. You sound tired, did I wake you up?" "Oh hi Alexia how are you? And yes it's 3am here." "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry I forgot you were in Australia! I'll call you back later." "No no it's fine I should get ready for the plane anyway. Is anything wrong? Are you ok?" "Yes Ed, I'm fine" you said. "Then why did you call?" Ed asked. You suddenly got really nervous inside. "Uh. Can I pick you up at the airport tomorrow night?" You blurted seine you knew that he was coming home then. "Of course you can I'll call off my ride. I can't wait to see you again I've missed you so much." "I've missed you too, Ed" you told him. "Was that all you wanted to talk about? You're sure you're ok?" "Yes I'm sure, see you tomorrow." Now you had one day to figure out to tell Ed how you felt.

-The next day-

You got to the airport early so you got Starbucks and waited. You occasionally checked your phone and looked at the arrivals screen but you forgot to ask Ed what flight he was on so you didn't know where to go. Suddenly your eyes were covered you freaked out for a second but then you heard a familiar voice laugh and then say "guess who?" In your ear. You smiled and turned around to give Ed a long hug. When you pulled away he handed you a Lego set. "Ed you shouldn't have gotten this for me" you said, and tried to give it back. He crossed his arms and said "I wanted to. You're my best friend after all." You started walking to the parking lot where your car was parked. You walked in silence for a while and then "Alexia?" Ed asked cautiously. "Yes?" You asked "I need to ask you something." "Ok Ed." you stopped and turned around to face him. "Alexia, I've had feelings for you for ages and I need to ask you, would you be my girlfriend." He said in a big rush. "Of course Ed!" You almost screamed. He looked surprised at first but then he smiled big enough to light up the world and that made you smile bigger. He picked you up and swung you around in circles. When he finally set you down he kissed you slowly and soft. "I've been waiting to do that for the longest time." He told you. You laughed and said "You can't have been waiting longer than I have."