Prologue

The way the thing walks Darlene Johnson's way, was scaring her. It's limping. Arms, or at least what was left of them, up and the hands trying to grab her.

The dumpster wasn't going to hold her much longer and she knew. She could hear her name being called from a distance. Yet she didn't dare to yell back, too afraid she would draw more of those things their attention to her.

The one it front of her catches her attention again as It's mouth snaps near her ankle. Trying to bite wherever it can reach. It's hand now grabbing around her boots as it tucks on it, trying to yank her of her feet. But stops as soon as a bullet hit it's head. A gunshot rang and it made her look up from her feet. Now no longer afraid of the things on the ground, well maybe a little bit, but for whoever fired their gun.

A guy shot the things from across the ally she was in. His long hair and tall frame made him intimidating, to say the least. But she didn't mind at all. He just saved her life. And yet the nagging voice in her head is telling her to give him a piece of mind for using his gun. For all they know he could have drawn the attention of other lurkers.

The guy glances over his left shoulder looking around the corner. "Clear." His voice a little deep. He turns his head back and looks at Darlene who stills stands on the dumpster, a small smile appearing on his lips.

Suddenly another guy walks around the corner. He was a little shorter than the other but still tall. His hair short and his face hard. He looks up at Darlene with a glare in his his. And yet a glint appears in there, a mocking glint as he sees what she is standing on. But Darlene doesn't quite pay attention to it as she sees the similarity of the guys.

'They must be family. Cousins or maybe even brothers.' The thought runs through her mind even though she doesn't want it to.

Darlene still stands on top of the dumpster. Still not sure with either they would kill her or not. Her eyes watching their every movement.

The tallest of them both looks back to the other man with raised eyebrows. And the way they silently communicate gives Darlene the creeps. A chill runs down her spine as the short haired his lips turn up in a smirk. 'Fuck' she thinks. 'I got saved by the wrong ones.'

Her dark hair gets in her eyes as a slight breeze comes down the ally way and she had to blink a couple of times to get it out. As she does the two males make their way over to her, slow and steady.

"You okay? Any scratches or bites?" The tallest asks Darlene, slight concern in his voice. Though as she looks at him, she can only see hard eyes looking back at her cautiously.

"I'm fine." She mumbles. Darlene takes a slight step forward and tries to climb of the unsteady dumpster she is on. "Thanks for the help though."

Her foot tries to reach the ground and as it does, the dumpster moves just a bit. The slight movement causes her to hit her head against the top of it hard. She lets out a hiss in pain as she now stands on the ground. The tickling feeling of blood dripping down the side of her face makes her huff in annoyance.

"Carefull there, sweatheart." The short haired guy says. Darlene turns her head to him and gives him a sarcastic smile to which he scoffs and send a glare her way.

"Well, boys. I gotta go. Thanks again for th-"
Suddenly her sight began to fill with black dots. The two guys look at her with slight worried look on their faces as they see something isn't right.

And then she falls sideways to the ground.