Hey! Mr. Werewolf, Will You Stop Chasing Me? - Chapter Six

Hey Mr. Werewolf, Will You Stop Chasing Me?

Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved.

Chapter Six

Picture on the side is Shannon (Actress Katerina Graham)

"Hey, Keller," a sickeningly sweet and at the same time irritating familiar voice purred, imitating a kitten.

             More like a dying cat.

         I rolled my eyes and opened my locker. "Go away, Jenna," I said while getting the stuff I needed for my morning classes. "I'm not in the mood for your games."

             "I heard your mate denied you."

             I wasn't surprised that Jenna knew. Hell, the entire pack knew about my rejection. Throughout the weekend they had been giving me pity stares and that oh-you-poor-thing look from the grown-ups, but I made it seem like I was not affected. I was soon to be Alpha and showing weakness is a no-no.

            With Jenna, however, I wasn't in the mood for her “I told you so” lecture. She would only bask in her gloating, at how right she was at the very beginning, and I had a very strong gut feeling she would stalk me until I gave in to her whims.

             Too bad, Jenna. Not fucking happening.

           As I finished digging through my stuff, I shoved them inside my backpack, zipped it closed and shut my locker with a bang. I took deep calming breaths and prepared myself to face her annoying face.

              Deep calm breaths, Keller. Don't let Jenna ruin your day. That's right, deep calming breaths.

          Sighing, I turned around and gave her an expression that said 'no more shitting around'. "What do you want?" I asked, hitching the strap of my back pack. "I thought we had come to an understanding that I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

             She smirked at me and I wanted to smack that off of her bitchy face. "Come on, Keller," she purred and moved closer to me then trailed my chest with her pointer finger. "I told you we are meant to be together."

            I scoffed. I knew she would say something like that. She was known for being relentless, and knowing I was free game, she wouldn't stop at nothing.

           I swatted her finger off my chest. "My mate may have denied me, but that doesn't mean that I'm giving up," I said sternly, giving her my best penetrating gaze.

            She huffed, obviously not pleased with my answer. So, she thought I was just going to give up and come crawling back to her? Boy was she wrong.

            Why would I swallow what I had already spitted out?

            "Listen here, Keller, "Jenna seethed. "I get what I want and what I want is you."

            I knew what she wanted. She wanted what came after being with me.

            The Luna title.

           Before I dumped her ass, all she prattled about was how she's the right person for the job. She kept yakking and yakking like a scratched CD and it was beyond annoying. The fact that she was forgetting that we were werewolves - bound with the knowledge of our destined ones - had slipped her mind for some reason. I may be a lot of things, but one thing I would never do is denying something that could be the best thing that could happen to me. I guess Jenna didn't want what was best for her.