Prelude

So no I am not starting this story yet! I am just putting a sneak peek of what I plan to write in the future! This story will probably be mature and full of horror, Gore and violence! You have been warned.

The harder she scratched away at her forearm the quicker the flesh fell away. From outside the containment unit, Dr. Elana Miles and Dr. Mark Rustenburg watched in dismay as the test was failed once again. Elana sighed with disgust as she flipped the switch that gassed out the failed experiment. Mark had an annoyed look covering his face as he glared at the unconscious girl. Elana pulled out a recorder and spoke into it.

"X girl experiment number 142 on the x-4 has failed once again." Elana whispered softly through the electronic and turned it off. She felt her eyes heat up and burn with tears. She looked to Mark and her fingertips touched his arm, "I'm sorry Dr. Rustenburg."

His face became a wave of anger and desperation, he pulled away from her touch as if she was something vile and the back of his hand slammed paperwork off the table, "damn it! I really thought we had it."

"We'll just try again tomorrow," she told him lightly, but his eyes closed tightly at the even thought of another loss.

"None of them are her, Elana. None of them will ever be as flawless as my creation," Mark growled out and he felt his breathing turn into more of wheezing than into a horrible cough. Once his heart calmed down, he managed to look at her worried expression, "I want my X-1 back."

"Midnight can't be the only one who can have that programing. You don't need her, Mark. We can build something better than her, just give it time," she reassured him and turned around to write some notes in her notebook.

"Maybe I need a true human body to put the programming in," Mark suggested, his eyes watching her figure as he stepped close behind her, "you look so much like my X-1."

Her body went to full attention and turned to look at him in horror. Her mouth went to protest but the needle broke through her arm before she could do anything else. His arms closed around her as he dropped the needle in his hand and petted her hair, "shh, it's going to be okay," he murmured in her ear, "this time it has to work."