Chapter One

"What is your name, sweetheart?" asked the landlord. He was taller than me, which I stood at five feet and four inches, but he did not seem very tall for a male. He had wavy black hair which was cut into a fade, beautiful chocolate brown eyes, and just the right amount of stubble. I had to admit he was very attractive, but he was somewhere in his twenties while I am only fifteen. I was lucky enough to look older though. Instead of looking fifteen, I looked more like eighteen, which I was using to my advantage.

"My name is Lily," I told him with a soft smile. of course that was not my real name. I could never use my real name again until I was the age of eighteen. 

"Your full name."

"Oh. My full name is Lily Allison Lynn," I said out loud, but in my head the name I thought of was Chloe Alice Radford, my real name. The man looked at his computer and typed my name in.

"And do you have your id with you?" he asked when he looked up from the screen. I pulled my light blue purse onto my lap and look through it to find my wallet. From my wallet I pulled out the fake id I had received in Florida before traveling here. I looked at my face which was surrounded by the brown wig I was wearing to hide my blonde hair, at the brown contacts which covered my blue eyes perfectly, and at my fake name and age. Lily Allison Lynn at age eighteen. I handed it to the man and let him inspect it for himself just like I had multiple times. He continued to type in my information into the computer.

"The cost here per month is eight hundred and forty-five. The application fee is sixty dollars per person and move-in fees are two hundred and fifty dollars. So a total of all that will be one thousand, one hundred, and fifty-five dollars for you to move in by the end of the week," he informed me. I had already known this though. I had done plenty of research on this place before I came looking for an apartment. I pulled out my wallet once again.

"Do you take cash?" The man looked at me like I was crazy.

"I'm sorry, but  my new bank hasn't set up my account yet." Well it was sorta true. I haven't gotten my bank account set up yet, that part is true, but I am not switching banks.

"Yes, of course. Cash will work for now, but I am hoping you will be able to get you account set up soon," the man said with a polite smile. Trust me I hope so too. Paying for everything with cash is very suspicious and I am more likely to be caught that way. I pulled out twelve one hundred dollar bills, one ten, and one five. I handed it to the man and he counted them.

"Ma'am, this is one thousand, two hundred, and fifteen dollars."

"I know. My sister will come by tomorrow to talk to you," I said. 

"Alright. That sounds good," he said putting the money in an envelope and labeling it 'Miss Lynn'. He placed the envelope in his desk and handed me my id. 

"I'm sorry sir, but I didn't catch your name," I said while I accepted my card.

"Sean, my name is Sean," he told me with his handsome smile. Sean, I like that name. It reminded me of a person I use to know before I moved here.

"Well, I hope you enjoy Tennessee, Ms. Lynn." I smiled at him as I stood up and walked to the door. My hand touched the cool metal knob. I turned around to look at him one more time. He was watching me and probably inspecting me. 

"Please call me Lily," I said kindly.