The mark

You know how it gets really cold in the winter? Like, really cold and how your nose gets all red from exposure and no matter how many layers you put on, you're still cold? It was a night just like that when I met Sebastian.

But this isn't merely some fairy tale. I didn't bump into him and the cold air was suddenly warm because we all know that shit doesn't happen. Love stories aren't real. There is no prince in shining armor. In this world, you get death, destruction, and a random stretch of time assigned to you. There is no telling when the one you love will be ripped from you, or knowing what either one of you will say to each other before it happens.

In this world, once you meet the love of your life, the last words they will ever say to you will be written on your skin like a tattoo.

My story begins on, what I remember being, the absolute coldest Halloween in my life. I was walking to the back door of the biggest club in Newman Vill, guitar case in hand and two layers on. My band and I had landed a gig there about a year back and people loved us so they kept asking for us to come back. It became a pretty regular thing and people knew us well. When I got to the back door I kicked it with my beat up boot and stood there, waiting. 'Hurry the fuck up' I muttered under my breath, biting my lip to keep my teeth from chattering.

"What's the password?" I heard yelled from the other side of the door.

"Will! You better open the goddamn door, right now!" I quip. The door slowly opened and I pushed my way inside. He saw my red nose and started laughing at me. I give him a look and swung at him with my free hand, earning an 'ow' from him as I continued down the hallway unamused. I turned right and made my way through the doorway with "BACK STAGE ENTRANCE" painted above in bold, yellow letters. Plug the cord into the input jack as I simultaneously shrugged off my two large coats.

When I was finished I met the guys at the bar. The club was crawling with sexy vampires and every slutty animal starting from your childhood pet to your bedroom fantasies. The guys ranged to wearing togas or being half naked, and they had their eyes on me as I walked up to them, my approach was accompanied with 'oohs' and 'ahs'.

"Hot damn Eminem!" Tyler said with his eyes wide as he handed me a shot. After the amber liquid went down my throat he circled his finger wanting me to spin around. The shorts were tight so they all shouted over how nice my ass looked. I rolled my eyes but smiled at their approval. "Damn girl! Our little Eminem doused herself in something spicy tonight, guys! But I have no idea what you are" he took a sip of his beer. He took in my mini top hat and my short little cape, down to my black striped high-waisted shorts. I saw his eyes travel down my thighs and to my black suide pumps. In my opinion, I thought it was pretty obvious as to what I was, but then again, it's Tyler.

"I'm a sexy magician" I pointed at my little top hat headband and my waistcoat, then pulled a little black and white stick out of my back pocket.

"Careful Em, someone might want to sink their teeth into you" Max said as he flashed his vampire teeth at me. I rolled my eyes again for the millionth time tonight. I swear, my eyes are the most physically fit part of my body due to the amount of stupidity I encounter on a daily.

They had all been making jokes since they decided to be vampires tonight a few months back. They even ordered custom teeth so they wouldn't have to wear the plastic ones. And to think that I was going overboard.

They all laughed and went back to sipping their drinks. I waved over a bartender that was wearing just enough eyeliner to make his blue eyes stand out.

"What are you having, sweetheart?" he asked with enthusiasm. he was cute and kept eyeing Tyler who was right next to me.

"I'll just have another shot please." as he nodded and poured, I leaned on the counter "He's single you know, we go on stage in ten and we're playing for a bit then we're here all night. Come find us when you're off and I'll hook you guys up" I said quickly adding a wink at the end.