Chapter 1

I'm sorry I didn't publish this I completely forgot about this book haha oops sorry

Dan's POV

  It was the beautiful month of May in London when Dan Howell got a call from his mom at school. A call that could change his life.

  "Hello?" Dan answered, confused as to why his mom is calling him when he's at school.

  "Hi sweetie! I've got important news for you!" She slurred, obviously drunk. "We have an exchange student from Canada coming to live with us!"

  "Are you serious?!" I asked, utterly confused.

  "Yeah! He's going to live with us for a year!" Then Dan heard a crash. "Oops!" His mom giggled. Dan's mom was a giggly, hyperactive drunk. She always acted like a little kid and never took care of herself, leaving Dan to cook all the meals, clean all of his mom's messes, and wash all of the clothes.

  Dan knew that it would be nice to have another person at the house to help with the endless chores and to help take care of his mom but he wasn't sure if he wanted to put a stranger through all of that. His mom was quite the handful and he knew that not a lot of people could handle that.

  "Daniel?" His mom asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

  "Yeah?" He asked, finally coming back down to earth and out of his thoughts.

  "Do you mind?" His mom asked curiously.

  "No but do you think you will always be, you know... Drunk?" Dan asked, unsure if he should ask.

  "Well I wasn't planning on changing Dan."

  Of course. There was no hope for his mom. Dan had tried multiple times to send her to rehab, but she always either refused or left after a week. That was one of the many things he had given up hope on his mom.

  Dan suddenly realized that he was still on the phone with his mom. "I need to go now mom, break's almost over. Bye."

  "Bye honey! Have a good day!" His mom giggled.

  As soon as he hung up, the bell rang signalling  the end of lunch. Next class was maths, the worst. Dan isn't doing well in school and his maths teacher, Ms. Hayden, hates him.

  After the horrifying day of school, Dan headed home when it started to rain. One second it was sunny and the next it was pouring. As if this stupid day could get any worse.

  "My life fucking sucks!" Dan yelled when someone approached him.

  "Hi, I'm Phil." A boy with midnight black hair, shimmering blue eyes, pale skin, and a Canadian accent ,"do you need an umbrella?" He kindly asked.

  "Sure!" Dan said as Phil pulled out a black umbrella. "I'm Dan, by the way."

  "So Dan, what bands do you like?" Phil asked.

  "I like Muse, Panic! at the Disco, Twenty One Pilots  and My Chemical Romance. Stuff like that,"

  "Really?! Me too!" Phil exclaimed.

  The two ended up walking to Dan's house when a sudden sound came out of nowhere. CRASH! An extremely loud rumble of thunder could be heard.

  "Not thunder! Anything but thunder!" Phil screamed, obviously terrified.

  Dan wasn't that scared of thunder but it was obvious Phil was horrified.

Dan snaked his arm around Phil's waist comfortingly and said "shhh it's ok Phil, I'm here for you."

"Thanks Dan, I get really scared of thunder storms." Phil says he let out a breath he had been holding.

"Okay, where is your house?"

"Well I'm an exchange student, I'm supposed to be living at 274 Seeder road"

"Really? You're the exchange student staying with me!"

"Awesome! Let's go!"

The two finally managed to get through the thunder and intense rain and to their house.

I'm reading this and it's soooo bad omg stop (the thunder is based off of what happened to me the day I wrote this) anyways see you soon! -Abs