Chapter 18

"Welcome home, Cora Mae," Ross whispers to his daughter. Emily pushes passed him and walks up the stairs to their bedroom. "Let's get you settled in your cradle."

He sets his daughter in the small crib in the living room before she starts wailing. "I'll feed her," Emily grumbles as she walks into the room.

She sits on the couch, Cora cradled against her and sucking on her breast. "You okay, baby?" He rubs his wife's shoulder.

"Yes, I'm just extremely tired."

He kisses her forehead. "I'll set her down for a nap and we can cuddle, okay?"

"Um," she shifts a bit so she can lean on him. "Can I shower first? I feel gross."

He nods, caressing the baby's head softly. "Of course."

As Emily takes a shower, Ross attempts to get the baby to sleep. "Come on, Cora. Daddy wants to cuddle with mommy, why won't you sleep?" He pouts. "Daddy and mommy haven't been on the best of terms. He wants to make it up to her," he doesn't know Emily's standing behind him. "I hurt her so bad. I wish I could take it back. I wish she could trust me again," he sighs.

The baby drifts off to sleep, allowing Ross to lay her in the cradle. "Ross," Emily whispers.

He turns to see her in the doorway. "Did you hear that?"

She nods, walking over to him. She places her hands on his waist. "Yes, I heard most of it."

He stressfully runs a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, Em. I really am, baby," he takes his bottom lip between his teeth. She leans up, pressing a kiss to his lips. Ross relaxes under his wife's touch and kisses back. "I love you," he pulls her against him.

She tangles her fingers in his hair. "I love you too," she moans.

"Mm," he hums, pulling her to the couch. She sits on his lap, shaking her head before pulling away. "What? Did I do something?"

"No," she brushes some hair out of his face. "I'm just all gross, babe. I haven't shaved in like three months and I just got home from the hospital. I'm ew," Emily rests her head on his shoulder.

He smiles, kissing her cheek. "You aren't gross. But that's alright, love. What do you want to do?" His mouth forms an 'O' shape as she kneels down in front of him, pulling his pants down.

«» «» «»

Emily's head rests in Ross' lap. He runs his fingers through her hair. "I love you," he whispers.

She smiles, her eyes closed in attempt to fall asleep. "I love you too, Ross," she mumbles before drifting off to sleep.

A/N

This is short, I'm so sorry. I promise the next update will be worth it!

Much love,
Hailey ❤️