1

Tell my daddy goodbye? What does that even mean? I pace across my room, the ink on the note smudging from the sweat on my hand. I look up at my clock and see that it's past midnight. Should I call my dad? He's probably sleeping, but at this point I didn't really care.

"Hello?" A groggy voice answers. Oh great I woke him up, the one day he's not up late doing paperwork.

"Uh dad, I have something I want to talk to you about." I hear shuffling on the other end and a click of a light switch being turned.

"And this couldn't have waited until tomorrow?" He yawns and continues, "Well, what is it."

"Okay, so um when I got home from work today my window was open and I thought nothing of it until I saw a note in my room saying 'times up' and I was very confused but then I noticed writing on the back and it said to "tell my dad goodbye' and I was just wondering what this all meant." I rush into the phone. He mutters some curse words on the other line before replying, "I am so sorry Cathenna, I'll fix this I promise, just don't worry."

And of course I start to worry.

***
It's been two days since the note was left in my room but my dad hasn't called me since. I sigh and turn of my treadmill heading to the locker rooms. The gym was one way I got rid of stress,
whether it was through kickboxing or running. I open my locker door and a paper falls out. Oh no no no no. This was not happening again. Should I even read it? I was indecisive but I pick the paper up anyways and look around the change rooms to see if anyone was around, I was alone.

We're coming.

Okay now I was freaking out. What does this mean? Am I going to die? I'm going to die aren't I? I haven't even got a dog yet, or finished school! No, I refuse to let this happen to me. I'm snapped out of my trance with a ringing noise. I look down to my phone and see the word Dad written on the screen.

"Dad what is going on, I just got a note saying 'we're coming', please tell me this is some kind of joke." By the end of of the sentence breathing was becoming more difficult to do and I was on the verge of a panic attack.

"I am so sorry sweety," My dads voice breaks a little, "I couldn't fix it, now they're going to take you away from me, they told they'd go after my family next and now they're coming for you."

"Dad who's coming for me?" I was getting lightheaded.

"The mafia."

And I faint.