Chapter 1: "The Stranger In My Dream."

-April 23, 1856-

A peaceful night was suddenly awakened by the screams of people running away from terror in the country of Mortallisse, Sterbliche. Houses burned and toppled down and became a pile of stones. The sounds of a thousand metal boots, clashing swords, evil laughter, and mocking words filled the bloody and dreaded night scene. The Vampyrs had invaded and attacked a Mortal’s territory.

“Hurry! Those damn vampires has already breached and entered the castle! We must protect the Larsen family no matter what!!"

The commanding soldier shouted, shouting orders to every soldier within range to come forth and risk their lives protecting the family. A sinister and mocking laughter filled the once beautiful now ruined hall of the castle. The soldiers looked at the direction of the laughter, but one by one, a soldier falls, face down, and dies lying on a pool of blood.

"Kukukuku, as I thought, these mortals are weak against us VAMPYRS."

A vampire with striking jet black hair and blood-colored eyes looked down upon them licking his bloody-coated hands. He looked at the terror-filled faces of the soldier and made an evil smirk.

"Now...Shall I kill you all for a start?"

The vampire disappeared at once as if it was never there. One by one the soldiers guarding the door to the grand hall fell and stayed still. The only one that remained standing was the commanding soldier, holding up and pointing his sword at the vampire not fearing death he said to the loathsome vampire.

"I may be a mere human that cannot match your unimaginable strength and power, But I will stand for my ground and risk my life protecting the family until I die!"

The standing soldier launched forward aiming for the vampire's heart. Noticing this, the vampire stepped aside and grabbed the soldier by the cape and hurled him into the wall. Leaning agains't the wall, he coughed up blood, looking up the vampire was already unto him looking down with menacing eyes that could send shivers to your spine. Stepping unto his chest the vampire hissed at him.

"You...you...filthy creature. You dare plunged a sword into my chest?!"

Raging with anger He stepped harder until the armor had bent under the immense pressure. The commanding soldier struggling to break away. He weakly picked up his sword and stabbed the unguarded thigh of the Vampire.

"You little...!!"

The vampire shrieked as he said those words. He broke the sword in half And backed away from the soldier. He wrapped his fingers around the broken blade and pulled.

"Guh...!!"

He grunted as he successfully pulled the blade out of his leg. He slowly approached the fallen soldier, bent down and grabbed him by the chest armor. The vampire lifted him up and looked menacingly into his eyes.

"In order for you to compensate for this wound..."

He said as he inched his face closer and smirked. He grabbed the man's face and pulled it sideways to reveal his bare neck.

"You will...compensate with your blood!"

With that he viciously bit the neck of the commanding soldier. Blood trickled down the nape of the soldier's neck as he sucked the blood that continues to gushed out.

After sucking the soldier's blood dry out of its body, he grinned in satisfaction and tossed the lifeless and cold body away into the hard,cold, and blood-covered floor of the hallway.

"Tch, and here I thought that you could give a more challenging fight. You worthless piece of meat..."

He spat on the floor and proceeded to the grand hallway.

"Filthy blood of old men...bleh..."

He said as he made a face about the thought. He then approached the grand but now blood-stained door, opening it with a slight push of his hand, he was greeted face to face with a dagger. Without moving aside this time, the dagger flew by his face missing an inch from his cheek, the dagger strucked the wooden door instead. Lifting up a hand to his face, the vampire felt for his cheek.

"humph...was that suppose to aim for my head?"

The vampire gave a menacing smirk as he licked his fingers off of his own blood.

"Now, that was quite a missed chance you've got there..Lord John Arthur Larsen."

He gave an annoying smirk to the man in front of him, who was protecting both his pregnant wife and young daughter. The man, Lord John Arthur Larsen, stood bravely in front.

"Tch...Count Kreor Von Hagen. What brings you, a traitor, here?"

Lord John Arthur Larsen said as he looked equally to the vampire with the intent of killing him right here, right now.

"Honey...you mustn't."

Said the pregnant woman, Lady Catherina Von Larsen, behind him as she hug closely to her the young Princess Luna Catherine Von Larsen.

"I do not have any other choice...I must fight head-on with that monster."

He said as he turned around to face his pregnant wife and young daughter, grabbing them both by the shoulder, he pulled the two of them into a tight embrace. after hugging them for a few moments he then let go and smiled

"I'll distract and fight with him, leave the castle and find a safe place...The two of you must live."

Teary eyed and without saying a word. Lady Catherina Von Larsen took the young Princess Luna Catherine Von Larsen into her arms and headed for the door behind them. She opened the door and slammed it shut behind her. Young Luna clinged tightly to her mother not knowing what is happening around her. 

"Guh..?!"

Gasping for air after waking up from a horrible dream, A young teenage princess sat up and placed both hands on her head.

"No....Not...again..."