The Heroes of Minecraft

Chapter One

The Beginning

This is a story of Steve. This story is based upon what happened to Steve. It all started with the spawn. “Where am I?” Steve said. As he looked around, he realized that everything was made of blocks. “Who am I?” Steve didn’t even know who he was. He looked down at his hands and noticed that they were also made of blocks. Steve used his basic survival instincts and looked at the sun. It was about 12:00 p.m. he realized. “I have to find shelter,” he exclaimed. And then he set off.

He noticed that his stomach was emitting a strange growling noise. I’m so hungry, I could eat an entire cow, Steve thought to himself. He then heard a clucking sound. “This chicken is going down!” Steve screamed. He charged towards where he heard the noise, and in a minute, he was chasing an entire squadron of chickens. He couldn’t seem to catch them, so he knew that he was going to have to try a deferent strategy. He tried throwing dirt blocks at them, but that didn’t work so he knew that he needed a bow. 2 hours later, he found a chest on the ground with a bow and 10 arrows in it, and was ready to go slay some chicks. He cautiously approached the area where he had chased the chickens earlier. He heard the sound of clucking again, so he started to look around. He saw a chicken so he pulled back the arrow and THWACK! The chicken was dead. When he was going over to where it was to collect the meat, a sudden mob of chickens came around the corner clucking like crazy! He started to run away, but before he could get far, the chickens were on him like chicken kung-Fu! They were scratching his face and pecking at his privet parts! Suddenly all of the chickens died, and Steve was screaming when he woke up on the ground with a whole bundle of chicken next to him. 

  After a few hours, it became apparent that there was no civilization anywhere near him. As he was thinking, he punched a tree in frustration. Normally this would have been a bad idea but the block broke and transformed into a smaller block that was hovering about 1 inch off of the ground. He picked it up and wondered what to do with it. Then he heard a little voice inside of his head that said “Concentrate and you will be able to open your inventory.”

 At this rate Steve was ready for any suggestions, crazy or not. He stood still for a minute and concentrated and then inside his head he said “Open Inventory”. Then he saw an image that looked like a rectangle with multiple squares inside of it.  He also saw an image of himself. “What the?” He said. He was surprised to see that the image moved, and mimicked his expression. “It must be some sort of reflection…” he said. 

Then he turned back to the empty squares. “Is that the wood that I broke in one of them?” he said. After he said that, the wood that he broke appeared as a small smooth copy of it in his hand. He wondered if he could place down the block, but he wanted to experiment.   

He saw that the wood appeared to be transferable into 4 wooden planks. When he thought about that, the wood vanished.  It was replaced in a square below with 4 wooden planks. Then he put them in his hand with his mind, like he did with the wood, and a wooden plank block appeared in his hand. He pointed it at the ground and placed it, and a wooden plank block appeared where he punched. 

He decided that he could build a shelter if he had more of these blocks, so he punched more trees. Something was different when he punched tree this time. It took a couple of punches to break it. After he succeeded in destroying the entire tree, he created more planks, and ended up with 24 of them. “This won’t be enough,” he said out loud. So he walked to another tree and did the same thing. And another. And another. After he had destroyed about 15 trees he ended up with multiple stacks of wooden planks, so he went to work creating an awesome house.