The First Day of Christmas (Break)

By the time Nick finally showed up, A White Christmas had began. To my surprise, he had been late because he had bought me a present. I smiled at him as he sat it under the tree. I had happened to have gotten him something as well, but it was already under the tree. "Thank you, but you didn't have to. Really. You need to save your money for more important things."

"You're welcome and I did anyway. I wanted to get you something, and to me it is important." He smiles triumphantly. He changed the topic. "A White Christmas? That's a favorite of mine."

"Me too. I love a lot of the classics." He sat beside me on the couch.

"Really? Like which ones are your favorites?"

"Well, this one, It's a Wonderful Life, The Year Without A Santa Claus, Miracle on 34th street, Rudolph, the original Frosty the Snowman, Cricket on the Hearth, The Little Drummer Boy, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, and Santa Claus is Comin' To Town.  There's more but I think I've made my point." He grinned.

"You named a lot of my favorites too. Have you seen Holiday Inn? With Bing Crosby?" I shake my head.

"No. I don't think so." He widened his eyes at me.

"Really? Well you need to see this." He pulled a DVD out of his computer bag he brought with him and slipped it into the player. "Since we've seen White Christmas you'll be okay with this." He said and chuckled a bit. I nodded.

"Okay."

***

After the movie was over we pulled out some caramel popcorn and watched the end of Holiday in Handcuffs. Nick was blushing through most of it. He was cute when he blushed.

He hadn't touched me except for my hand yet, but I was okay with that. Though I wished he would at least hug me close to him like he did that day under the bridge. We stayed on the couch, watching movies and talking and laughing for the rest of the day. I was glad I could feel so relaxed around him.

He left when it got dark and promised to return tomorrow. He also told me not to peek at the gifts under the tree. "No promises." I teased and he smiled big as the door shut behind him.